ADVERTISEMENT

Fun with Numbers and our ranking shows we belong in the Upper Half

imbazza

All Conference
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2008
Rival's Ranking 5 year average for all B10 schools is 43 (Used 5 year average as so many kids redshirt these days)

5 teams are above Avg.
OSU=5.8,
UM=17.2,
Nb=24,
MSU=31.2,
PoSU=33.6 (4 out 5 are eastern teams)

4 Average schools,
RU=42,
Wis=44.8,
Mary=49.8,
Iowa=48.6 (50% eastern teams)

5 teams Below Avg.
Indy=50.4,
Ill=54.8,
Min=58,
Pur=64.8
NW=65
So the point is why were we outranked by Minnesota and Iowa. Granted we did not have the chance to play them but it is plain to see the Eastern vs. the Western conference is way out of balanced. I just can't believe how Nebraska will ever can lose in the western division. I also do not expect to lose to Wisconsin in the long haul the only thing better about Wisconsin is their coaching talent working well together over a longer period of time.

The problem is that base on the ranking we are 5th in the Big Ten East but the weaker teams are in the West division. I think we can beat Wisconsin if their new HC Chryst slips up. However, Alverez appears to be the real head coach.

Coaches have a lot to do with how teams end up preforming; some do more with less see Coach Kill Minnesota, and others do less with more see Coach Hoke who is gone as a result.
But new HC Chryst (use his time at Pitt seemed to do a little less with more)
will not be an upgrade over previous coach As the years past Alveraz is distancing his hand in the pot so to speak of being a remote head football coach. As the AD responsibilities are truly consuming his time and energy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT