ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin stats 2022 vs 2023

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
2022. 757 yards passing in 8 games, 5 passing TDs, 7, INTs, 44.8% completion rate

2023. 733 passing yards thru 5 games, 5 passing TDs, 1 INT, 53.8;% completion rate

Now before I get the Anti Gavin crowd with the “He still is not good, can’t throw deep, bad competition“ etc etc….. all I am doing is comparing 1 year to the next.

That said a few things.

1. Likelihood he throws for more yards and TDs in the first 5 games this year except for the fact that he was either taken out of the game early ( vs Wagner) or was not asked to pass much in the second half during our other wins.

2. Last year he had AC and Sean Ryan. Pretty sure they would help Gavin this year.

3. Gavin also has learned to run when necessary. One of his rushing TDs yesterday he could have forced it to a receiver ( much like last year). Instead he dodged two defenders and ran it in. He also has 4 rushing TDs this year.

As I said in another post in a small sample size I am starting to get encouraged with our QB group. GW having a breakout year, Sheppard certainly looked like a QB that Kirk/Greg loves to work with. Maybe Simon redshirts and of course we have our future QB in AJ.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News