ADVERTISEMENT

Geno's new contract with UConn

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Geno has gotten a new contract. 5 year contract for 18.7 million. It goes through April 2029. He will be 75. Can't believe he is that old.
Thoughts, or comments?

Geno has gotten a new contract. 5 year contract for 18.7 million. It goes through April 2029. He will be 75. Can't believe he is that old.
Thoughts, or comments?
I was pretty shocked. It says to me they have no coach in waiting and that they are buying time. UConn is UConn because of Geno.

Plus he must believe he has a couple of national titles left in him with the recruiting class he just landed. He wants to be THE best and the longer he sticks around, the harder for Dawn to catch/ pass him in wins, titles etc.

Dawn is only 52, amazes me what she has done as an athlete, an olympian, and as a coach. I never realized that Geno was so close age wise to Vivian.
As far as a coach in waiting there must be dozens of coaches that would take the UConn job.
Maybe he just wants to keep away from his wife. She used to scream at him from behind the bench at the RAC. Used to crack me up.

He wants NC 12…he’s hoping he can go 1/5 get there…his dominance ended in 2016 even if they’ve been really good since…just not 2010-2016 good
With good health - which has plagued UConn recently - he has put together an extremely superior team. With several other programs upping their game, he may not be able to dominate as he once did, but at least on paper more than one championship in the next 5 years is actually more likely than not.

He probably is not particularly counting NCs at this point - he has the most and really, who's going to catch him? Ditto he will soon have the most wins, and who's going to catch him?

I may not care for Geno's personality much, but I think he sincerely enjoys coaching. Even he admits he might not coach to the end of the contract, apparently.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT