ADVERTISEMENT

Geo Baker Awarded Co-Big Ten Player of the Week

Way to go Geo!

Murray's stats are sick...and I realize this is probably the wrong week to make this argument (since Murray's stats are so good!)...but why does it feel like a Rutgers player needs to fkng cure cancer to win this award, or any B1G award in Fball/Bball outright?

Still, pumped Geo got this! (and wish Paul got something last week)

Way to go Geo!

Murray's stats are sick...and I realize this is probably the wrong week to make this argument (since Murray's stats are so good!)...but why does it feel like a Rutgers player needs to fkng cure cancer to win this award, or any B1G award in Fball/Bball outright?

Why does it feel that way? Because it is literally that way. From the tweet above "Geo is the only Scarlet Knight to ever receive this award"

We all know that Korsak got screwed every week by the Big 10 for special teams player of the week. They "honored" him with co-player twice last year, because, God forbid a Rutgers player wins outright.

Hell, the Big 10 tweeted out good luck to all the Rams players from the Big 10 playing yesterday..........guess which team had a player on the Rams but he wasn't listed in the tweet? Yep, Rutgers own SJD not on the list.

We are truly the Rodney Dangerfield of college sports

Why does it feel that way? Because it is literally that way. From the tweet above "Geo is the only Scarlet Knight to ever receive this award"

We all know that Korsak got screwed every week by the Big 10 for special teams player of the week. They "honored" him with co-player twice last year, because, God forbid a Rutgers player wins outright.

Hell, the Big 10 tweeted out good luck to all the Rams players from the Big 10 playing yesterday..........guess which team had a player on the Rams but he wasn't listed in the tweet? Yep, Rutgers own SJD not on the list.

We are truly the Rodney Dangerfield of college sports
I didn't know that about SJD...that's terrible

and I am sure NONE of that bad joojoo translates to officials...naaaaah...they're cyborgs with no emotions...LOL

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Congrats to Geo. He is much, much better when he doesn't try to be fancy or cute.

I agree with your premise, but maybe the oversight was due to SJD not being on the active roster at the time they compiled the list? I know he dressed for the game but I didn't see him play.
He was in during the 4th quarter haha

I agree with your premise, but maybe the oversight was due to SJD not being on the active roster at the time they compiled the list? I know he dressed for the game but I didn't see him play.
SJD made the announcement on Friday. RU was tweeting about it all over the place. Fail on the part of the B1G

Reactions: Scangg
Dont understand this stupid ass co-player nonsense. Your either the player of the week or you are not. They will not give it to an RU player solo

I must admit when I read this it shocked me. Wasn’t on my radar as a possibility. Congrats to Geo. We can no longer say RU doesn’t get a break from the BIG awards.

Geo 41pts on 14-26.
Murray had 67 on 27 of 35!!!!!!!!

As last week proved with Kofi, your opponents and team results have always played a role in this. Looks like this week that played a bigger role than I thought possible when considering the difference between players individual performances.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I must admit when I read this it shocked me. Wasn’t on my radar as a possibility. Congrats to Geo. We can no longer say RU doesn’t get a break from the BIG awards.

Geo 41pts on 14-26.

As last week proved with Kofi, your opponents and team results have always played a role in this. Looks like this week that played a bigger role than I thought possible when considering the difference between players individual performances.
Or he got it because they got flack for nnoPaul.

Amazing RHJ has never been awarded.

Or he got it because they got flack for nnoPaul.

Amazing RHJ has never been awarded.
Objectively speaking I think for RU to come away with even 1 shared award out of the last two weeks is being very generous to the RU players. We got the benefit of the doubt and caught a big break. Good publicity

Geo 41pts on 14-26.

You are pathetic. Geo had an incredible stamp on beating Ohio State and finally getting us out to a good first half start against Wisconsin that gave us leads in the first half and going into halftime. This was done against 2 ranked teams # 12 and 16.

Iowa blew out Maryland and Nebraska and both losing teams boards were embarrassed by their lack of effort to give a crap in the game as they both lost by about 25 and were down 30 or more during the game. If you watched any of Iowa’s 2 games instead at just looking at stats , you would have seen Murray was wide open all day and hit his shots against the bottom teams of the BiG 10 that were a total no show Iowa could have won both games without Murray and we would have not won against Ohio State and likely continued our slow road starts and might have lost against Wisconsin.

You never waste an opportunity to ruin a positive thing Rutgers does. I really wonder what kind of fan you are as you have some of worst shallow takes ever seen on these boards. You have a regular session with S. Janoski , who calls you out often but this reply by you was as I said “ just pathetic “

Reactions: RedTeam1994
You are pathetic. Geo had an incredible stamp on beating Ohio State and finally getting us out to a good first half start against Wisconsin that gave us leads in the first half and going into halftime. This was done against 2 ranked teams # 12 and 16.

Iowa blew out Maryland and Nebraska and both losing teams boards were embarrassed by their lack of effort to give a crap in the game as they both lost by about 25 and were down 30 or more during the game. If you watched any of Iowa’s 2 games instead at just looking at stats , you would have seen Murray was wide open all day and hit his shots against the bottom teams of the BiG 10 that were a total no show Iowa could have won both games without Murray and we would have not won against Ohio State and likely continued our slow road starts and might have lost against Wisconsin.

You never waste an opportunity to ruin a positive thing Rutgers does. I really wonder what kind of fan you are as you have some of worst shallow takes ever seen on these boards. You have a regular session with S. Janoski , who calls you out often but this reply by you was as I said “ just pathetic “
You’re a miserable person lol I dont have power to ruin positive things nor do I even attempt such a thing.

Looking at the list, it actually seems DAMN hard to get on it. For example, Jaden Ivy is an absolute STUD. And he got it a grand total of once this season. RHJ has had some BEAST games yet has been on it ZERO times this year. Jackson-Davis from Indiana? Once. Liddell from OSU? Yup. Once. I mean these are all-league guys here folks. That said, I DO think Paul should've been CO with Kofi last week, even moreso than Geo getting on it this week. This almost feels like a makeup nomination by the B1G because they may realize they dropped the ball with Paul. And that's not to take away from Geo, who was brilliant. But yeah.

You’re spot on about Rusujo. Shits on everything. Time and time again.

Congrats to Geo. Well deserved. Paul on the other hand, deserved at least a co-player of the week for the previous week performance.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
Where is the sh*tting
The entirety of your (typical) post (as if you actually don’t realize it)….

Objectively speaking I think for RU to come away with even 1 shared award out of the last two weeks is being very generous to the RU players. We got the benefit of the doubt and caught a big break. Good publicity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT