ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Geo Baker brings RU back against Indiana

Thought it was really more about McConnell playing the least minutes he’s played in six weeks and young playing the most minutes he’s played in six weeks really opened the game up for everyone involved.

After telling the press he told his mom to skip Senior Night and come see him at the NCAA Tournament, he had to back that up. 20 points and 10 assists later and, well, [insert Randy Marsh big balls gif].

Reactions: cm_13
Thought it was really more about McConnell playing the least minutes he’s played in six weeks and young playing the most minutes he’s played in six weeks really opened the game up for everyone involved.
Nah that's nonsense. Caleb came back after our slump started. He's a glue guy and a great defender.

no he came back in the Iowa loss right after the Purdue game
It's a coincidence. Caleb doesn't make you shoot 6 for 46 from 3 or whatever Ron was shooting. He's never in the wrong position on defense. He's a + guy on the court, jack of all trades. Moreso than Mulcahy lately tbh.

No way you can blame the poor play on Caleb.

As I've said in several posts, Geo has to shoot more and take over the game ( I could not believe those who questioned this basic claim.) There has been too much hesitation in his - and RHJ's - willingness to shoot. When you shoot with confidence and without hesitation, good things happen. Now, who's to say this good shooting will continue? But these are the guys I want taking most of the shots and playing most of the minutes.

It’s all about matchups to me. We played our best Offensive players because we could and even then we had a 6 minute scoring drought. Young and Geo on the floor together is a matchup problem for teams with big physical players like MD for example. Geo has to work harder chasing the 2 which typically saps your energy but not last night. Was happy to see Young flustering the Indiana point guards. Against Penn St he was not as effective because they have a lot of speedy guards too.

I think we can pick on who plays and when because that is what we do but we also have to look at who is on the floor for the other team. Against some teams I think we miss having a strong 4 like Yeboah who can also shoot the 3 allowing RHJ to shoot over a smaller player and not have to play so much physical Ball down low. Against Indiana we can play that smaller lineup because they are also smaller and athletic.

Yep clearly it was CM’s fault we shot 10% from 3 in the Wisconsin game generating a total of 54 total points. We were really “killing it in the 19-20 minutes of the game he didn’t play. What a shame.

Same thing for the PSU game. If only he didn’t play those 14 minutes. We were awesome in that one the rest of the game too, huh?

And then there was MSU (huge chunk of his 22 minutes there were in garbage time when we were already down 20 btw). Whole team scores 45 total points - but again having him in the rotation was clearly the problem once again.

And of course his 21 minutes in the OSU game must’ve done us in too. Oh wait - he first checked in after 5+ minutes of action we were down 16-11. He plays the next 5+ minutes and we go up 26-20 before the epic collapse to close out the half. But again - CM was the player responsible for this loss yet again.

Do you realize how ridiculous this take is?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
It’s all about matchups to me. We played our best Offensive players because we could and even then we had a 6 minute scoring drought. Young and Geo on the floor together is a matchup problem for teams with big physical players like MD for example. Geo has to work harder chasing the 2 which typically saps your energy but not last night. Was happy to see Young flustering the Indiana point guards. Against Penn St he was not as effective because they have a lot of speedy guards too.

I think we can pick on who plays and when because that is what we do but we also have to look at who is on the floor for the other team. Against some teams I think we miss having a strong 4 like Yeboah who can also shoot the 3 allowing RHJ to shoot over a smaller player and not have to play so much physical Ball down low. Against Indiana we can play that smaller lineup because they are also smaller and athletic.

definitely need to look at the other team

no one really wants to acknowledge opponents strength though when looking at when the wins came in the second part of the season.

On the whole it’s not a big deal, obviously you beat more bad teams then good teams. Just need to be careful not to misattribute certain changes for the reason of some of those wins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT