ADVERTISEMENT

Football Greg Schiano talks UCLA Postgame

I think he owned up to it, and that was a strong statement. There’s a lot of guys hurt, he’s got decisions to make on some of them is what I heard. I think we will get to a bowl, just not the ones we were hoping for.
Umm he owned up to it? What else is the clown supposed to do? He lost to the worst team in the big ten! Correction we are the worst team in the big ten.
We have the most returning players will not play a ranked team all
Season long and Greg is just awful!

Even worse the excuse makers

I listened to to the presser. Unless someone said something personally to Schiano or “called their shot”. (Whatever that means) that was one of the most uncomfortable ending to a Schiano press conference I have ever seen. His last 3 have been bizarre. He is not happy with his staff and you can tell.

Reactions: trueyanksfan
I listened to to the presser. Unless someone said something personally to Schiano or “called their shot”. (Whatever that means) that was one of the most uncomfortable ending to a Schiano press conference I have ever seen. His last 3 have been bizarre. He is not happy with his staff and you can tell.
Nobody is but he hand picked these bums.

Not gonna watch it. I usually only watch after wins and sometimes not even then.

Because talk is meaningless. Lots going wrong, some of it’s injuries, some of it’s coaching, some of it’s probably some players kinda checking out mentally.

Why wallow in misery? We have another game coming up so hopefully we can regroup and do better.

He’s already at the end of his credibility rope and scapegoating yet another coach would be a very bad look.

Hey coach you should spend more time practicing Paul Revering each week.

I really just want to know what was going through their mind on the play before the punt on 4th and 2. It looks like we basically gave up on the possession after second down. We did this last week as well (down 14-0).

We had a long third down earlier in the UCLA game and we threw a nice ball to strong for the first down. It made me think that we were done with that mickey mouse philosophy of giving up on possessions. I was wrong.

Just shows a complete lack of awareness by the staff. These kids deserve better.

I'm sorry, but all I hear are excuses. He refuses to admit how big of a failure the team has been collectively. Moving forward he needs to figure out how he's going to recruit the talent needed to execute on plays. Not sure how to do that when you bring prospects to a game where we get blown out against an opponent we were favored to win though.

This is not the same Greg 2.0 that we got in prior seasons. Something integral is "broken" on a very deep level in the program and Greg is now facing a situation that he might not be able to fix this time. He doesn't even seem like himself.

I've never heard him stoop down to argue hypothetical situations in front of the media before. Yet, here we are. Hoping we can just focus on making changes for next season to be at least mildly competitive.

He’s already at the end of his credibility rope and scapegoating yet another coach would be a very bad look.

Hey coach you should spend more time practicing Paul Revering each week.
Shelby, who do you want as HC that will realistically accept this position at Rutgers and turn us into a winning program?

I'm not saying Greg is the answer. I'm just wondering who to get behind if it's not Greg.

I have no idea what he meant at the end but it was definitely bizarre.

Shelby, who do you want as HC that will realistically accept this position at Rutgers and turn us into a winning program?

I'm not saying Greg is the answer. I'm just wondering who to get behind if it's not Greg.
This is a false narrative from Schiano bootlickers just as ridiculous as Haitians stealing and eating pets in Ohio. It’s a Big10 job paying millions in the media capital of the country. The line of interested candidates would be a mile long.

I don’t care if a replacement eventually fails because least we’d have hope. Right now there is no hope. His story is already written: pompous loser.

Baseball analogy. Keeping Schiano is striking out looking on three pitches. I want a guy who swings.

Sure, he’s unfireable bc of his bullshit contract. But he’s terrible nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUDivision
Schiano’s “developmental” program doesn’t work in the NIL era. Rutgers is scewed

It’s now pay for win

The infamous Rutgers Scew

Last edited:
Reactions: noble106
Illinois I assume is your point? Do yourself a favor and look at who they play before us! At least give an informed response !

They won’t be ranked
Yeah so a loss to #2, potentially #1 Oregon is going to knock them out. Buy a clue. They then have two winnable games in Minnesota and Michigan St. again buy a clue because at potentially 8-2 they’ll be ranked.

This is a false narrative from Schiano bootlickers just as ridiculous as Haitians stealing and eating pets in Ohio. It’s a Big10 job paying millions in the media capital of the country. The line of interested candidates would be a mile long.

I don’t care if a replacement eventually fails because least we’d have hope. Right now there is no hope. His story is already written: pompous loser.

Baseball analogy. Keeping Schiano is striking out looking on three pitches. I want a guy who swings.

Sure, he’s unfireable bc of his bullshit contract. But he’s terrible nonetheless.
Weakest of weak sauce. You can’t just sit here and bash GS all day long (even though it’s currently warranted). You have to face the reality. Who can we get?

To clarify: I’m not a GS bootlicker. Man up Shelby.

Reactions: noble106
He is looking at 5 more losses, these press conferences are going to just get worse each week. Each week he will get more defensive and defiant, very sad to watch.

Yeah so a loss to #2, potentially #1 Oregon is going to knock them out. Buy a clue. They then have two winnable games in Minnesota and Michigan St. again buy a clue because at potentially 8-2 they’ll be ranked.
Buy a clue ? lol. I will respond only because you listened and did your homework on big bad Illnois. According to you the only team ranked on our massive schedule. We shall see, but Minnesota after a big lost for them will be tougher then you think.

The sad thing is you’re fighting to prove Illnois who will or will NOT be ranked . That will be the one and only team on Greggy’s difficult schedule.

I say none! You say a team possibly 22-25. Either way Greggy is just absolutely embarrassing.

As a HS junior I took a helmet to the chest in game #1 and it hurt for rest of season and after. I know what Greg is saying about guys playing hurt. I thought that was the case watching Flip Dixon and others.

However some problems (like DL) were manifest in game #1 and before injuries.
The red zone problems are 20 years old.
"Chopping" is nice if chopping in right direction

The Rivals vid was good and especially 9 minutes in where UCLA's aggressive playcalling contrasted with Greg's turtle offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT