ADVERTISEMENT

Happy stats

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
It's never bad to beat a ranked team, particularly one ranked ahead of you.

R! U!

Tyler 28 points (12-21, 2-3 3 pt, 2-2 ft), 3 reb, 1 a, 2 to, 0 b, 0 s
Betnijah 15 points (6-13, 3-6 ft), 6 reb, 1 a, 0 to, 1 b, 2 s
Kahleah 13 points (6-17, 1-1 ft), 6 reb, 3 a, 2 to, 0 b, 1 s
Briyona 6 points (2-3, 2-2 ft), 6 reb, 8(!) a, 3 to, 2 b, 1 s
Rachel 2 points (0-2, 2-2 ft), 1 reb, 0 a, 1 to, 3 b, 0 s
Christa 2 points (1-2), 2 reb, 0 a, 2 to, 2 b
Syessence 0 points (0-4, 0-1 3 pt), 6 feb, 3 a, 1 to, 0 b, 2 s
Ariel - no positive stats in 3 minutes
Cynthia - no positive stats in 2 minutes

The team shot 42.9%, a nice 40% from 3, and a pretty good 76.9% from the line. They scored 30 points in the paint, 18 points off turnover, 4 second chance points, 16 fast break points and 10 bench points. They had 35 rebounds (and apparently nobody was allowed to have more than 6 today), 16 assists, a decent 12 turnovers, 8 blocks and 6 steals.

Golden Gophers

Zahui B 36 points (15-33, 2-3 3 pt, 4-6 ft), 15 reb, 0 a, 4 to, 3 b, 2 s*
Wagner 12 points (5-14, 2-7 3 pt), 3 reb, 1 a, 3 to, 0 b, 0 s
Hirt 6 points (3-6), 5 reb, 0 a, 0 to, 0 b, 0 s
Kelley 4 points (2-7, 0-1 3 pt, 0-1 ft), 8 reb, 0 a, 1 to, 0 b, 0 s
Bailey 3 points (1-4, 1-3 3 pt, 0-1 ft), 7 reb, 3 a, 1 to, 1 b, 1 s
Mullaney 0 points (0-3, 0-1 3 pt), 5 reb, 11(!!) a, 8(!!) to, 0 b, 2 s*
Jacobs - 1 reb in 4 minutes
Hedstrom - no positive stats in 1 minute

*Played all 40 minutes

Minnesota shot 37.7%, 33.3% from 3 and a lousy 50% (on just 8 shots) from the line. They scored 34 points in the paint, 13 points off turnovers, 8 second chance points (amazing, considering they had 14 offensive rebounds), 4 fast break points and 6 bench points. They had 48 rebounds, 15 assists, 17 turnovers, 4 blocks and 5 steals.

You could say the difference in the game was free throws - RU hit 6 more than Minnesota, and they won by 5. Or you could say it was turnovers, if you wanted.

Zahui B. went 16 of 16 from the floor in her last game.

Tonight, while she was good, we did get into her head and she put up some real clunkers.

I thought the most impressive thing in the game was the lob entry passes to Zahui B

Originally posted by MC1974:
Zahui B. went 16 of 16 from the floor in her last game.

Tonight, while she was good, we did get into her head and she put up some real clunkers.
While she scored a bunch of points, she did take 33 shots. CVS mentioned this in her post game.

Christa did a good job harassing her (in spite of her 36 points) and the team defensive strategy made Minn a one-dimensional team. I also have to point out that she was very protected by the officiating. She seemed to draw a foul if one if our posts was breathing excessively hard near her. And she traveled a number of times making moves in the post with no call.

Its a a good thing we had 3 post players who could use up to 15 fouls.

While I agree with everything you said, I do have to say that I thought Zahui B was one of the most impressive centers I have ever seen offensively. She finished on most of her shots and can shoot the three. Minnesota will be a team to be reckoned with next season if Banham comes back healthy. And kudos to Christa for the job she did. She played a lot more minutes than she was used to and did everything she could to help us get the W. The ref's the other hand, were pretty terrible again. I really wish there were better ref's in WBB.

Tyler shot 66% from 3. Everyone else shot 0%. Not saying, but just saying

Only one FG and one A on the stat sheet, but that last pass and basket was one of the sweetest plays I've seen from RU in a while. Loved the attacking mindset in that situation.

There will always be questions regarding referee calls .At the same time Rutgers had 3 fouls in the first two minutes of the game and later on fouling away from the basket which is a common problem allowing the opponent to get to the foul line at earlier points of games.

Originally posted by RU-JMM78:

There will always be questions regarding referee calls .At the same time Rutgers had 3 fouls in the first two minutes of the game and later on fouling away from the basket which is a common problem allowing the opponent to get to the foul line at earlier points of games.
For all of the foul trouble, Minnesota had only 8 free throws, and the team ended the game with 20 fouls, 9 of them on the posts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT