ADVERTISEMENT

Has RU wrestling "reached out" to Anthony Cassar?

GhostK

Redshirt
Mar 15, 2018
He is a Jersey boy, who beat #1 Kollin Moore last season yet wasn't starting. He is surefire AA caliber at 197 yet will be riding the pine behind Shakur Rasheed at Penn State.

No doubt he should be starting somewhere. Rutgers makes perfect sense. Are we working on a transfer a la Suriano?

In any given situation, the Suriano transfer is going to be the anomaly. You have to assume the Big Ten transfer rule will apply, making it very unlikely that any wrestler leaving a Big Ten institution will wind up at another Big Ten school. This unlikelihood increases significantly if the wrestler has already used a redshirt year, or spent 2 years at the school they would be leaving, because those guys are really not likely to be okay with losing a year.

Moreover, when the target is a Penn State kid, you have to keep in mind that full indoctrination into the cult only takes about 10 months or so. Suriano was really lucky to get out of there when he did, as he had nearly spent too much time. After 10 months or so, most kids just mumble nonsense about "such a tremendous opportunity," "train with the best" and "the creamery." At that point, they are no longer capable of making a decision to leave without outside influence.

This is the one topic I wish would go away this off season.
The only rumors of him coming here are from fans who want to seem him here.
I would put this at a .000001% chance of him leaving PSU
(CLarifier, this is my opinion based on no facts. Only what i read on internet. SO, it must be true)

The optimist would say "So you are saying there is a chance"

:)

Last edited:
How can you be so sure that a guy who beat the #1 wrestler at his weight, and only had 2 losses all season would be so content to stay at a school where he rides the bench? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sure we can force a Big 10 waiver to be granted like they did for Suriano.

How can you be so sure that a guy who beat the #1 wrestler at his weight, and only had 2 losses all season would be so content to stay at a school where he rides the bench? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Sucks to be that good and not have a chance to be a AA.

That is why I put "reached out" in quotes. We "reached out" to Suriano too, and that went fine after some glitches.

Why not do the same for Cassar?
Repeat after me, "RU DID NOT REACH OUT TO SURIANO". That would be in direct violation of NCAA rules. Suriano reached out to RU as he wanted to come home and get out of Cowpoke, PA.

P.S.
To all Scarlet Nation posters,

This GhostK guy might just be a dysfunctional psu guy fishing here. A guy on the psu site has the exact same moniker and joined right around the same time as he did here. Be wary of this guy. You might just be feeding a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:
Repeat after me, "RU DID NOT REACH OUT TO SURIANO". That would be in direct violation of NCAA rules. Suriano reached out to RU as he wanted to come home and get out of Cowpoke, PA.

P.S.
To all Scarlet Nation posters,

This GhostK guy might just be a dysfunctional psu guy fishing here. A guy on the psu site has the exact same moniker. And joined right around the same time. Be wary of this guy. You might just be feeding a wolf in sheep's clothing.

That makes sense, and will be wary. Some folks have too much time on their hand...

hmmmmm interesting use of words there.... First its "we".. Then "they" koleszar might be onto something

Ghost goes on PSU board and posts absurd things like “bo Nickal was an out of nowhere prospect who is an all time great. Who is the next one Cael produces?”

BwI just hijacks his posts with recipes. We should do the same. Don’t feed this guy. His use of we on our board and BWI should be a dead giveaway.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
In any given situation, the Suriano transfer is going to be the anomaly. You have to assume the Big Ten transfer rule will apply, making it very unlikely that any wrestler leaving a Big Ten institution will wind up at another Big Ten school. This unlikelihood increases significantly if the wrestler has already used a redshirt year, or spent 2 years at the school they would be leaving, because those guys are really not likely to be okay with losing a year.

Moreover, when the target is a Penn State kid, you have to keep in mind that full indoctrination into the cult only takes about 10 months or so. Suriano was really lucky to get out of there when he did, as he had nearly spent too much time. After 10 months or so, most kids just mumble nonsense about "such a tremendous opportunity," "train with the best" and "the creamery." At that point, they are no longer capable of making a decision to leave without outside influence.
Typically, the indoctrination is almost complete before they even step foot on campus. These high school kids these days are able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that whatever is going on at PSU is working and they want to be part of it.

Then, they get on campus, play their first game of dodgeball, and it's all over. Maybe Nick wasn't very good at dodgeball.

Ghost goes on PSU board and posts absurd things like “bo Nickal was an out of nowhere prospect who is an all time great. Who is the next one Cael produces?”

BwI just hijacks his posts with recipes. We should do the same. Don’t feed this guy. His use of we on our board and BWI should be a dead giveaway.
My homemade pastrami is killer.

Recipes will feed this person and fill the Rutgers Wrestling board with garbage. That is their goal. Besides I don't want to eat anymore than I already do.

My homemade pastrami is killer.
I know we've had our differences in the past but can I get it? I love hot pastrami on toasted rye with melted swiss cheese some onions and mustard. That definitely is my go to sandwich. I wonder if Cassar likes them too.:)

I know we've had our differences in the past but can I get it? I love hot pastrami on toasted rye with melted swiss cheese some onions and mustard. That definitely is my go to sandwich. I wonder if Cassar likes them too.:)
Okay, here's the homemade pastrami recipe. The recipe is from Tori Avey.

• 3 quarts water
  • 1/2 cup Morton's coarse kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup pink curing salt (Also known as curing salt or prague powder- NOT Himalayan pink salt. See safety note below.)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp pickling spice
  • 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds
  • 1 tbsp whole yellow mustard seeds
  • 4 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 3-4 lbs beef brisket
Spice Rub Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup ground coriander
  • 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tbsp smoked paprika

See the full post:https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/homemade-pastrami/#7zrK1OqPivs7c56q.99

I don't follow her instructions, so I'll just tell you how I do it, rather than show the differences.

1. Order your brisket in time to have it custom cut. Tell them you are smoking the meat and to leave a little extra fat cap on it.
2. Mix all of the curing ingredients in a pan large enough to hold the brisket. Stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Put the brisket in, and sit in your fridge for 5-7 days.
3. By the way, the pink curing salt is optional. I haven't used it, yet, as I couldn't find it at my grocery store, and my pastrami has turned out great. I suppose if you were going to store the meat for any length of time, it might be good to have it in there, but trust me, this meat is not going to sit around.
4. When you're ready to smoke, take the meat out of the brine, rinse it off, and place it in water for a couple of hours to take out extra salt.
5. Take the meat out of the water and patdry with paper towels. Mix up the rub ingredients and spread all over the meat.
6. Put meat on the smoker at 200-250 for four hours.
7. Remove meat, wrap tightly in foil, and place in oven for 2 more hours at 250F. (Personally, I believe this takes the place of steaming, which is how Tori cooks hers.)
8. Remove from oven, cut into thin slices, then stand back as your guests devour it.
9. One final trick: just before you step away from the meat, grab yourself a slice. Otherwise, you might not get any at all.

Okay, here's the homemade pastrami recipe. The recipe is from Tori Avey.

• 3 quarts water
  • 1/2 cup Morton's coarse kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup pink curing salt (Also known as curing salt or prague powder- NOT Himalayan pink salt. See safety note below.)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp pickling spice
  • 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds
  • 1 tbsp whole yellow mustard seeds
  • 4 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 3-4 lbs beef brisket
Spice Rub Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup ground coriander
  • 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tbsp smoked paprika

See the full post:https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/homemade-pastrami/#7zrK1OqPivs7c56q.99

I don't follow her instructions, so I'll just tell you how I do it, rather than show the differences.

1. Order your brisket in time to have it custom cut. Tell them you are smoking the meat and to leave a little extra fat cap on it.
2. Mix all of the curing ingredients in a pan large enough to hold the brisket. Stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Put the brisket in, and sit in your fridge for 5-7 days.
3. By the way, the pink curing salt is optional. I haven't used it, yet, as I couldn't find it at my grocery store, and my pastrami has turned out great. I suppose if you were going to store the meat for any length of time, it might be good to have it in there, but trust me, this meat is not going to sit around.
4. When you're ready to smoke, take the meat out of the brine, rinse it off, and place it in water for a couple of hours to take out extra salt.
5. Take the meat out of the water and patdry with paper towels. Mix up the rub ingredients and spread all over the meat.
6. Put meat on the smoker at 200-250 for four hours.
7. Remove meat, wrap tightly in foil, and place in oven for 2 more hours at 250F. (Personally, I believe this takes the place of steaming, which is how Tori cooks hers.)
8. Remove from oven, cut into thin slices, then stand back as your guests devour it.
9. One final trick: just before you step away from the meat, grab yourself a slice. Otherwise, you might not get any at all.

Hmm... should we trust or did he sneak an ingredient that will give us all diarrhea....

.... I kid

Reactions: pawrestlersintn

Because he's part of a team and university ...

Please can we stop talking transfers every time any kid on any team from 3rd grade to the NFL isn't a starter? Its a quitter's way of thinking and it's sad how much it's infested our society.

Because he's part of a team and university ...

Please can we stop talking transfers every time any kid on any team from 3rd grade to the NFL isn't a starter? Its a quitter's way of thinking and it's sad how much it's infested our society.
Have you not been following the thread? Ghostk is not a Rutgers fan. He trolls the boards looking for responses. You just lectured a troll from who the hell knows where. None of the RU fans are pushing this agenda.

Have you not been following the thread? Ghostk is not a Rutgers fan. He trolls the boards looking for responses. You just lectured a troll from who the hell knows where. None of the RU fans are pushing this agenda.

I have - the response was not really just for him.

The RU wrestling awards banquet was tonight and it was spectacular. Lasted 2 hours and run with precision. We are getting 3 All American transfers!!! Only kidding. Just wanted to see if you were listening. Donny P and Scott were brilliant as were the graphics and performance on the screenSuriano got the MVP and most team points scored. He called Donny the best coach in America. The kids on the team were incredible and attendance was excellent at the Recruiting Lounge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT