ADVERTISEMENT

Hauser brothers from Marquette to transfer

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
Wherever they go they will make a huge difference.In that perfect world they come here.

Last edited:
Strange transfers....not losing their coach and Markus Howard is coming back to what would have been a good team.

Very surprising news out of Marquette. Both Hauser Brothers transferring with Marquette being ranked as a top 10 squad coming into next season. Wonder if there are issues with Markus Howard who is returning and/or with Wojo.

Rumors are UVA is for the leader and I read Michigan State as well. Hausers are from Wisconsin and Dad goes to all games (home and away) - so I would logically think they may be tempted to stay around Wisconsin / Midwest area.

Older Hauser has to sit out next year as he is not a graduate transfer.

Sorry...didn't see other post on Hausers.....post can be locked / transferred

Wonder if Hauser brothers have issues with Markus Howard and/or with Wojo.

Read UVA is considered a leader as well as Michigan State.

Dad goes to all games home and away so I would think to mininize costs / travel, etc, they stay in Midwest but what do I know.

Both Brothers have to sit out next year.

Marquette was ranked top 10 preseason going into next year. Key word is "WAS".

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
The transfer portal has players moving up the food chain. What is Rutgers angle on this? Where does Rutgers go to benefit from this? Find players from lesser leagues that want to compete in the Big Ten? Eventually it will bite us like it is doing with Marquette.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If they do they will cause much pain to RU .

They are both very good/tough/smart players that can shoot lights out.

Nobody is afraid of the Hauser brothers, they're solid players and play in an uptempo offense against pedestrian defenses most nights of the Big East.

The bigger story isn't the transfer destination, it's another huge hit for the Big East. Marquette factored to be at worse a Top 10 Preseason selection but with both departing, have to tumble to the 20s or out of the Top 25.

And the ironic item is the announcement of a transfer happens less than 24 hours after the returned comment of Markus Howard. I am pretty confident in saying, Howard's shot selection and ball-hogging/gunning, didn't play too well in the Hauser household.

There's nothing worse that a chucker like Howard, who can't consistently find not 1 but 2 40% 3 point shooters on the floor. I know fans of the B1G were all over Carsen Edwards and his green light, but Edwards for the majority of the season, played within the system.

Howard essentially shot soooo many times, that he ran the Hauser brothers out of town....they'll likely land at UVA, where shot selection and coaching makes more sense fot this tandem. Kyle Guy and Ty Jerome are very efficient players that saw or touched the ball within 10 seconds of the shot clock on almost every possession.

In order to get noticed by scouts you need some touches. Howard coming back wasn't going to help the Hauser's....sitting out and rebooting at UVA or somewhere where they play efficient basketball, will suit their skillset better.

Nobody is afraid of the Hauser brothers, they're solid players and play in an uptempo offense against pedestrian defenses most nights of the Big East.

The bigger story isn't the transfer destination, it's another huge hit for the Big East. Marquette factored to be at worse a Top 10 Preseason selection but with both departing, have to tumble to the 20s or out of the Top 25.

Great insights Hawk!

Well then nobody is afraid of a # 1 Draft Choice because the younger Hauser will be one.

Easy to chirp when you don't have to play against them.

Well then nobody is afraid of a # 1 Draft Choice because the younger Hauser will be one.

Easy to chirp when you don't have to play against them.

Of course....the B1G has had no 1st round picks in recent memory that RU has had to face or didn't just face this year....(kidding of course)

Hauser is a nice player, not a game changing kid that nobody can stop.

Miles Bridges at MSU was a lottery pick last year

Carsen Edwards 1st rounder this year....

Romeo Langford 1st rounder this year....

Bates-Diop at Ohio State last year was a 2nd rounder,

Tony Carr was a 2nd rounder at Penn State

OG Anunoby was a 1st rounder in 2017 out of Indiana

Wagner of Michigan was late 1st rounder with the Lakers...

That's off the top of my head in the last 3 years of kids and I'd argue that every one of these players are better than the Hauser's based on what has been shown so far.

There's no longer a fear factor of what players RU faces in the B1G, everyone has talent and skill in this conference.

Of course....the B1G has had no 1st round picks in recent memory that RU has had to face or didn't just face this year....(kidding of course)

Hauser is a nice player, not a game changing kid that nobody can stop.

Miles Bridges at MSU was a lottery pick last year

Carsen Edwards 1st rounder this year....

Romeo Langford 1st rounder this year....

Bates-Diop at Ohio State last year was a 2nd rounder,

Tony Carr was a 2nd rounder at Penn State

OG Anunoby was a 1st rounder in 2017 out of Indiana

Wagner of Michigan was late 1st rounder with the Lakers...

That's off the top of my head in the last 3 years of kids and I'd argue that every one of these players are better than the Hauser's based on what has been shown so far.

There's no longer a fear factor of what players RU faces in the B1G, everyone has talent and skill in this conference.

Put me solidly in the camp that hopes they don't end up at Wisconsin.

Hauser's are looking at 4 schools - 3 of which are in Big 10:

- Wisconsin
- Iowa
- Virginia
- Michigan State

Put me solidly in the camp that hopes they don't end up at Wisconsin.
They won't.

Lots of chatter that the mom is still salty that Bo Ryan did not recruit Sam and wants her kids elsewhere. Looking like one will be going to Michigan State and the other will be going to Virginia.

They won't.

Lots of chatter that the mom is still salty that Bo Ryan did not recruit Sam and wants her kids elsewhere. Looking like one will be going to Michigan State and the other will be going to Virginia.

Rutgers still has a spot for a sit out transfer in the 2019 class...we'll take the younger Hauser.

They won't.

Would be surprised if they separated.

Virginia and Michigan State. Makes sense. Virginia may repeat for sure if they all return along with Hauser.

No one should want the elder hauser loading up a three against them. He can shoot it. Sounds like wojo coming back, howard coming back insured they would leave. Big blow for mq and be and makes our next nq game a little less salty.

Wisky striking out left and right. Gard looks like a big step down from Bo Ryan now.
Yes, and of course many Wisconsin fans believe that they can lure Bennett away from Virginia. Their premium board is pretty fun right now, especially since there was a rumor that the Hauser brothers were going to commit to Wisconsin last Friday.

So they've gone from the high of "it's happening" to "Fire Gard" over the course of the weekend.

Gard is gonna be on thin ice if they miss the tournament this year.

The younger one to MSU is whatever. If they didn't get him they'd have gotten a player of similar quality.

It's a huge miss for Wisconsin and they look to be trending down. Lost Herro to Kentucky last year and now this.

Hate to talk about the Wisconsin coaching situation especially after what happened to Coach Moore and family but Wisconsin needs to upgrade from Gard. He’s a big time bore who is not going to be able to recruit high level kids. He has struck out big time with the hausers again and with herro. Plus I’m sure Wisconsin’s slow style doesn’t help its cause as well. Keep Gard and Wisconsin will probably always be decent but expectations should be higher

Reactions: RU-ROCS and kcg88
Hate to talk about the Wisconsin coaching situation especially after what happened to Coach Moore and family but Wisconsin needs to upgrade from Gard. He’s a big time bore who is not going to be able to recruit high level kids. He has struck out big time with the hausers again and with herro. Plus I’m sure Wisconsin’s slow style doesn’t help its cause as well. Keep Gard and Wisconsin will probably always be decent but expectations should be higher

My son is a recent Wisconsin grad and he’s says the very same thing. Bo Ryan forced Gard on Wisconsin, but he’s a far cry from his mentor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT