ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit was asked about dark horses to make the College Football Playoff (Rutgers?)

Oklahoma ?
Rutgers connection ?

Classic Film Movie GIF

Every day we are getting mentions on national media, heard a similar reference on ESPN radio yesterday. The result of objective analysis? Or swallowing the hype? Certainly exciting, but we won't know for a few months.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Did you read it?

Have to agree with you on that one. I had the same reaction seeing Oklahoma so prominent.. but I read it and that prevented me from making that unfortunate hot-take post.

As for Kirk's Oklahoma post about how competitive they will find the SEC.. I think that could signal maybe the SEC will find out how competitive is Oklahoma. That's the contrarian in me coming out. Herbstriet knows some stuff.. but even he is subject to correction by the universe saying "not so fast".

The sec in football is always good but usually very top heavy. Unlike the sec in baseball which is insane top to bottom. The land thieves dominated the crappy 12 for years…then they would get spanked in the BCS and early playoff era. Their recruiting is fine but not better than the top sec recruiters. If they think replacing the likes of ku, ksu, isu, the pokes, hillbillies and other weak teams with sec competition will suddenly make them better, then good for them for thinking positively.

There one game I root for them…otherwise paper clip is an afterthought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT