ADVERTISEMENT

Here's what a 12 team CFB Playoff would look like today....

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Here’s a quick 12-team playoff format refresher: The top four seeds will be given to the top four conference champions. The final eight teams in the field will include the fifth Power 5 conference champion and the highest-ranked Group of 5 champion, along with six at-large teams.

They will no doubt make sure the conferences (sec and big) aren’t loaded in the same bracket like this one, but this is going to be fantastic in my opinion.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Here’s a quick 12-team playoff format refresher: The top four seeds will be given to the top four conference champions. The final eight teams in the field will include the fifth Power 5 conference champion and the highest-ranked Group of 5 champion, along with six at-large teams.

Had they just laid it out like this before it would be so obvious why this worked and should have be Ed n done already.
Maybe 8 just to cut 1 week off but so better and more inclusive.

Shouldn't bracket be lined up with 5/12 and 7/10 switching positions? That way if they win 5 plays 4 and 7 plays 2. Otherwise think that would be a very inclusive and workable playoff.

are we on the bubble? Or will we have to win the big ten tournament to get in

They will no doubt make sure the conferences (sec and big) aren’t loaded in the same bracket like this one, but this is going to be fantastic in my opinion.
I think it is what it is. You'll get rematches (maybe even 3peats), teams in the same conferences playing each other etc..It''s not the like the NCAA tourney where there's room to move people around so they don't meet each other until a later round. It's only 12 spots so the chips fall where they fall.

edit: side note I thought I was imagining things. I was like I posted in this thread earlier but I didn't see my post. I realize there are duplicate threads on the board lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT