ADVERTISEMENT

Hoboken Lacrosse

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
@Caliknight remember I told you maybe 6-7 years ago the sport finally start hitting here? As the people who began moving into town in the mid-90's to early 00's, who played the sport, started teaching their children to play as more park space opened up, clubs began to pop up. Now, finally, it's being played at Hoboken High School (girls played this past season; I believe boys begin next year) and I fully expect it to ramp up quickly with Steven's beginning to assert itself in D3 as well!

@Caliknight remember I told you maybe 6-7 years ago the sport finally start hitting here? As the people who began moving into town in the mid-90's to early 00's, who played the sport, started teaching their children to play as more park space opened up, clubs began to pop up. Now, finally, it's being played at Hoboken High School (girls played this past season; I believe boys begin next year) and I fully expect it to ramp up quickly with Steven's beginning to assert itself in D3 as well!

Steven's coming back? They were decent in D3 about 40 years ago. But that was before NJIT had a team.

Steven's coming back? They were decent in D3 about 40 years ago. But that was before NJIT had a team.
They’ve made the NCAA’s at least the last two years. They can’t beat the top 8 teams or so in the nation but they’re in that next group right now.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
They’ve made the NCAA’s at least the last two years. They can’t beat the top 8 teams or so in the nation but they’re in that next group right now.
Absolutely correct. Stevens has not had a losing lacrosse season in at least the last 11 years. They may not be a national power, but they have been a consistently good program. I am a little biased as a Stevens grad whose fraternity was the bulk of the lacrosse team, lol.

Absolutely correct. Stevens has not had a losing lacrosse season in at least the last 11 years. They may not be a national power, but they have been a consistently good program. I am a little biased as a Stevens grad whose fraternity was the bulk of the lacrosse team, lol.
Nice! One of my good friends, actually both of them husband and wife, have a son currently on the team. Their other (twin) son is off walk on offensive guard at Wake Forest.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT