ADVERTISEMENT

Hodge Trophy Race

andegre

Sophomore
May 18, 2004
Thanks Andegre,

exciting race this year compared to most.

my thoughts...
Its Ringers unless he loses.
If he loses could well be Nolf.

Ringer would have to beat either one or both Jordans. Bo would be the 1 seed at 171.
Wiz would have to beat Snyder. Though as Snyder is undersized I don't think its as impressive as what Ringer would have to do.

149 is not as challenging a weight, and although Zain is tearing things up he needs Ringer and Gwiz to lose.

Dean is dominant, but he also gets taken down a bunch, then storms back and gets majors. The Hodge is more for pinning. I see him in 4th place now

Nolf pinning Imart was amazing and he has the best TF/FALL percentage, but Hodge has never gone to a freshman. Not sure what happens in that rematch with Imart, and he has JoJo to contend with too. (Looked to me that Imart was not himself in that match.) Looking forward to the rematch.

only 1 from 125 can be undefeated, and likely none by the time BIGs and duals are through.
Gilman or Tomo may not win BIGs.

Look at Zein Rutherford matches.
Clagon from rider was his closest bout 2-1
His only other match that was not a major was Theobold at 8-1

He has TORE through everyone..impressive

Reactions: jerzey devil
Thanks Andegre,

exciting race this year compared to most.

my thoughts...
Its Ringers unless he loses.
If he loses could well be Nolf.

Ringer would have to beat either one or both Jordans. Bo would be the 1 seed at 171.
Wiz would have to beat Snyder. Though as Snyder is undersized I don't think its as impressive as what Ringer would have to do.

149 is not as challenging a weight, and although Zain is tearing things up he needs Ringer and Gwiz to lose.

Dean is dominant, but he also gets taken down a bunch, then storms back and gets majors. The Hodge is more for pinning. I see him in 4th place now

Nolf pinning Imart was amazing and he has the best TF/FALL percentage, but Hodge has never gone to a freshman. Not sure what happens in that rematch with Imart, and he has JoJo to contend with too. (Looked to me that Imart was not himself in that match.) Looking forward to the rematch.

only 1 from 125 can be undefeated, and likely none by the time BIGs and duals are through.
Gilman or Tomo may not win BIGs.

149 not challenging? There is a fmr NCAA champ there...who Zain beat 15-5 by the way...lol

Reactions: andegre
149 not challenging? There is a fmr NCAA champ there...who Zain beat 15-5 by the way...lol

not as challenging. not ... not challenging. its relative, comparing 149 to 165.

T-shirt isn't close to being the same this year. he's 7 and 4 this year.
At grapple at the garden he almost got majored by the kid from Drexel.
No way Sorenson would be ranked #1 at 157. Bojo was ranked #1 prior to dropping down to 165 where he's somewhere in the top 2-3. Isaac is just as good. 165 is a more challenging weight class.

In addition, past accomplishements is a criteria. If Dieringer wins his 3rd, title he wins the Hodge.

Retherford and/or Nolf would have to nearly bonus their way to an NCAA title to get the Hodge over a likely 3X Champ, 4X AA like Dieringer (or Gwiz for that matter). At least if it was up to me. But if all 4 of those guys go undefeated and win a title I'm sure cases will be made for all 4 and I would probably be perfectly happy with any of them getting the award.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT