ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball How and why did Michigan beat Rutgers?

Rutgers loss because the team only scored 62 points and of that number, 45 points were scored by Harper,Cliff and McConnell.The rest of the team only scored 17 points which clearly wasn't enough ro win a game on the road.Michigan has far better talent which was shown in this game even after the suspensions.

Thanks Chris. I'm glad Pike mentioned the questionable calls against Paul. That's not why we lost, but not having him in there assisting and scoring like he has the last 7 games definitely hurt us more than Geo being off.
Hope he’s “mentioning” them to refs during the games too

Maybe Pikell should start a brawl and throw a punch at an opposing coach. What a terrible loss.

Can’t only make 2 threes. And it was only one three while the game was still in contention. Very few teams are going to win on the road with that mark. I don’t care who you play.

Pike nailed it. All of the reasons he gave were what I saw. Mainly they played well and we were a little sluggish. Refs were what we all expect on the road in the BIG. Let’s get one back Saturday.

We looked out of synch on offense much of the night.

Unbalanced whistle took Paul off his game in the first half (floppy block that was called a charge, clean blocked shot that was called a foul). I think it got in his head later, too.

Not just Paul, but we were bumped a lot on drives with no calls that Michigan was getting on their side of the floor.

Cold night shooting for Geo.

Terrible shooting from 3, even on what are good looks for guys like Harper.

Left Houstan open for too many 3s.

Oh well. Let's go 1-0 on Saturday.

Seemed pretty honest. Didn’t need to see the classes comment . I can care less what these guys do in the classroom . Just get to the ncaa tournament and make us proud!

• Angry
Reactions: Rutgers56
The first possession TO you could already see the team wasn’t focused. Some people called it nerves but it looked more like apathy to me.

Last edited:
Can’t only make 2 threes. And it was only one three while the game was still in contention. Very few teams are going to win on the road with that mark. I don’t care who you play.
Yup. At halftime it was basically tied and I said it might come to down to which team hits 3's second half.

Michigan did and it was the difference in the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT