ADVERTISEMENT

I stopped by the baseball scrimmage on Sunday

80RU

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2011
It was hard to figure a lot out because there was no roster so I could not ID the players. I did find out that besides Owen Carey, who was drafted and signed with the Braves, RU also lost incoming freshman Bruce Parker, who decided to go to a JC at the last minute. Those are two pretty substantial losses from what I understand. There are only 11 back from last year. These include two redshirt freshmen pitchers who sat out with TJ surgery. One is clear and the other is on the way back and they will be needed. There are a dozen incoming transfers, including several DII and DIII guys -- UConn has made a living on this recently. I was surprised at some of the departures -- some found some pretty good landing spots, especially CC at Arizona after an off 2nd year. The play that got the most reaction from the team was somebody striking out JKG. I could not see who it was, and I guess not recognizing the new guys every year is the way it will be going forward. I hope Hector gives us a season preview soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT