ADVERTISEMENT

Idea/Proposal for Fan Advisory Board - Scarlet Pride Points

ScarletKid2008

All American
Sep 8, 2006
Bergen County, NJ
One poster pointed out on the bball board how attendance has been dwindling at bball games and suggested lowering prices. My counter is that lower prices aren't going to significantly change attendance due to the product.

On the other hand I've floated this idea before and I think RU does this to a minor degree at times already, but a full fledged program could have benefits for both the fans, athletes, and athletic dept revenue.

The proposal is this ...

Rewarding fans "Scarlet Pride" points for attending events.

Fans receive a card/ID with a scannable barcode. For every event they attend they get Scarlet Pride points. So if you attend a men's soccer game - you get x number of points. Arrive early for a basketball game and still until the end - you get x bonus points. Attend 5 home games in a row and stay until the end - you get x bonus points. etc...

The point is to reward those fans that are loyal and support RU through anything. This makes the fans at least feel rewarded and recognized as loyal supporters.

Then points can be redeemed for things such as priority points, merchandise give aways, access to facilities for a day, etc.

The benefits for RU athletic dept is actually greater than for the fans themselves. Increased ticket, parking, concession revenue. Increased support for ALL teams which in the long run could/would result in improved recruiting.

I think RU already has got this idea down with student incentives for football games and early renewal of season tickets this year for football STH. If they did a large scale program I think it would have great benefits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.