ADVERTISEMENT

IMG Academy

RUSK97

Heisman Winner
Dec 28, 2007
CNJ
Not that I know if we're actively recruiting any athletes from there, but it clearly is a new model. Yet everything I see refers to the athletic facilities and training and so forth. Do they actually spend any time on academics or is it all for show?

Hines from Paul VI and Ruiz from Camden, both from South Jersey transferred down there. Ruiz (#1 center) was just on campus.

I'm sure IMG pushes for them to go to the factories though.

2 or 3 of the Camden kids from 2016 may not qualify. Ruiz is in a much better situation at IMG. IMG is set up like college, its up to the kids to go to class and do the work. But if they dont they wont play. IMG prepares these kids for college very well.

Reactions: NJFAN
Hines from Paul VI and Ruiz from Camden, both from South Jersey transferred down there. Ruiz (#1 center) was just on campus.

I'm sure IMG pushes for them to go to the factories though.
With programs like Michigan paying to use IMG facilities, you can understand why they may be directing their, ahem, student athletes to factories. It's good for business.

2 or 3 of the Camden kids from 2016 may not qualify. Ruiz is in a much better situation at IMG. IMG is set up like college, its up to the kids to go to class and do the work. But if they dont they wont play. IMG prepares these kids for college very well.

Good points StyleKnight. I can’t speak for all of the student-athletes at IMG, but Rivals 3-star WR Kjetil Cline is headed off to Army West Point and doing so as a direct admit. So, contrary to what many have alluded to here, it appears that IMG is more than just a football factory.

cbjwrkep1lmwvmzxyhqb

Reactions: tico brown
I don't know why people would pay that much money to go there and not be prepared academically to go to top colleges. Even if they pushed them through academically eventually it would catch up to them.

I don't know why people would pay that much money to go there and not be prepared academically to go to top colleges. Even if they pushed them through academically eventually it would catch up to them.

I don't think they do. I think there are a lot of scholarships given out
Others may know more but as best i remember you sign a futures contract to be represented by IM<G.
another note i think university of Tennessee, during a visit, offered twenty players scholarships

Watch the documentary Trophy Kids and you will understand.

Watch the documentary Trophy Kids and you will understand.
Decider
Trophy Kids presents its sports obsessed parental protagonists as Horror movie villains.
" Spending what Derek’s dad estimated as “two Lamborghinis” for any of these (not good) results is explicitly not what these dads laid out in Trophy Kids."

Seems having parents with disposal income invest in their kids mediocre athletic ability in a once removed attempt for self justification is a pretty good business model.

pretty good article in Asbury Park Press about the Barnegat pitcher Jason Groome who went to IMG for his JR. season...He came back and will pitch for Barnegat this season...A bunch of scouts have him as the #1 prospect in USA...He'll be pitching every game in front of huge crowds and a good season will be worth Millions...Opens Friday against Pinelands....Last pitcher with all this buzz in Ocean County is a guy by the name of Al Leiter! I batted against him when I was a sophomore and he was a Senior ( not good). But we did win a Shore Conference title that year.

http://www.app.com/sports/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT