ADVERTISEMENT

Immersive Sports Viewing

If they have different angles/views, neat.

If that’s it, not so much.

say this yesterday and a work collegue went to it last week, said it was unbelievable...

The thread title doesn’t do this justice. One of those ‘the future is now’ moments.

So this is occulous(meta), or the new Apple headset?

I've used the occulous and it is indeed incredible. And one of the first things I thought was, this would be sick at a sporting event.

The only problem is you have to wear one of those headsets. My GF would shame the heck out of me, and I don't blame her, unless you are home all alone, it's weird, and even then it's still pretty weird.

So this is occulous(meta), or the new Apple headset?

I've used the occulous and it is indeed incredible. And one of the first things I thought was, this would be sick at a sporting event.

The only problem is you have to wear one of those headsets. My GF would shame the heck out of me, and I don't blame her, unless you are home all alone, it's weird, and even then it's still pretty weird.

No headsets. Just an incredible viewing experience

Go to the game - the human experience is important. Hopefully this tech goes the way of curved TV's.

What you don't want to experience a high end buffet vicariously through others?
The first Pinstripe Bowl from the Audi Club was like that.

No sound. Except those around you. It was weird.

2nd one against ND I sat in the bleachers, better.

3rd one last year against Miami we were back in the Delta. Better than the first time. But still not the same as being in a regular seat.

Reactions: RU-05
I’m impressed by the technological advancement, but a big no thank you on this kind of experience.

Go to the game - the human experience is important. Hopefully this tech goes the way of curved TV's.
This experience is somewhere on the spectrum of

sitting at home
going to Buffalo Wild Wings
going to the stadium

Last edited:
I think if it's head set, and you can link in with other headset users, say family living in another state or country, that would be pretty cool. I'd even say really cool, except for the weird wearing the headset look.

Even without linking to others it's cool, but I don't know if it would be an every sunday sort of thing. But could I be ringside for a huge boxing match(say those things existed anymore) that would be cool. Maybe a Stanley Cup game 7, center ice. Also cool.

Take Dramamine if you plan to sit close to the screen 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT