ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Iowa beats Rutgers, 85-80

Young has been blowing layups almost every game..... yes he is quick,
Good on defense..... but oh those missed layups

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
No reason for our kids to be down about this loss. Turn the page immediately and get the #RACtion going the next two games for wins.

That last ball looked like it went off Garza’s forehead. Not that it would’ve mattered. Crazy game, we had a chance. A good chance to pull it out. So close.

Reactions: satnom
Fester_lurch_1966_cropped_Lurch.jpg

Reactions: RUforester72
I despise the fact they don’t come to the RAC this year. While we got hammered on the offensive end in silence, they sprinted to the bonus as usual. There were some bad shots and passing decisions but putting this team on the line with shots so early wasn’t on us.

Last edited:
The lay missed by Young is a heart breaker and tough to copy with. The ball roll on the rim. Just a bad break. But, they are a fun team to watch.

We needed to follow our shots, give more effort on loose balls and box out on foul shots and we win this game with a hot opposing player and some questionable calls going against us.

The saving grace is that if we face Iowa in the B1G tourney we will wipe the floor with them

If we beat Nebraska convincingly, I don't think we'll fall out of the Top 25. For most voters around the country, this may have been the first time they saw Rutgers play (only ranked on ranked game tonight)... and we lost by 5 on #19 Iowa's court.

Reactions: BillyC80
Don’t get them again. Wish we did at home.

I'm glad we don't see them again. They are good. No one clobbers us on the glass and Iowa was +8. They are going to win a bunch of games in this league. Garza gets 20+ and 10+ a game. Best player I have seen this year, I think.

I'm glad we don't see them again. They are good. No one clobbers us on the glass and Iowa was +8. They are going to win a bunch of games in this league. Garza get 20+ a game. Best player I have seen this year I think.
I think we missed 8 more shots than they did, so those extra defensive rebounds they got are understandable. I think we pretty much matched them in offensive rebounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT