ADVERTISEMENT

It's Princeton Week

I like looking at Wrestlestat's dual comparisons. It appears that Rutgers is favored in all but Poz's match with Stout, although Poz has a much better record against common opponents. I think it could be a shut-out, barring any WTF moments. What happened to Princeton? I thought they were on an upward trajectory.

They are greyshirting their top recruit Marc Anthony McGowan this year plus they have some other highly rated freshmen recruits such as Tyler Vasquez, Holden Garcia, and Eligh Rivera. They are all talented but unless someone is an elite recruit it takes some time to develop and adjust to college wrestling but they can knock off highly ranked guys on the right night.

Rivera just beat Graham Rooks (Indiana) who was ranked #8 and was an R12 guy last year. Blaine Bergey isn’t highly ranked but beat Clark two years ago…

Our guys better be prepared and come to wrestle or else this could be a lot closer than we expect it to be.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Vasquez got destroyed by Fongaro
Right but he also lost in SV to Malyke Hines who was a R12 and R16 guy over the last few years. My point was that he is super talented being a 2x NJ state champ among other things but as a true freshman he is going to have ups and downs but he isn’t someone who can be taken lightly or be considered a pushover, even though he might take some bad loses from time to time especially to a 6th year guy like Fongaro

Right but he also lost in SV to Malyke Hines who was a R12 and R16 guy over the last few years. My point was that he is super talented being a 2x NJ state champ among other things but as a true freshman he is going to have ups and downs but he isn’t someone who can be taken lightly or be considered a pushover, even though he might take some bad loses from time to time especially to a 6th year guy like Fongaro
Hopefully as a 6th year guy, Moore can do similar! :)

Reactions: Leonard23
They are greyshirting their top recruit Marc Anthony McGowan this year plus they have some other highly rated freshmen recruits such as Tyler Vasquez, Holden Garcia, and Eligh Rivera. They are all talented but unless someone is an elite recruit it takes some time to develop and adjust to college wrestling but they can knock off highly ranked guys on the right night.

Rivera just beat Graham Rooks (Indiana) who was ranked #8 and was an R12 guy last year. Blaine Bergey isn’t highly ranked but beat Clark two years ago…

Our guys better be prepared and come to wrestle or else this could be a lot closer than we expect it to be.
Rooks still wrestles? Isn’t he 30

• Haha
Reactions: MS-RU
Any idea why it's not at 7 pm? Could impact attendance, especially with high school wrestlers and their families.
Now realizing what a horrible start time. In wall to wall commuter traffic now. Trip usually takes 40 mins. We left at 4:30 and we’re probably not going to make it.

• Sad
Reactions: Leonard23
Crowd ended up being very very solid.
Agreed. It was a very good sign that shows there's still a ton of interest in the program and this rivalry, as a lot of people made the effort to leave work early or end HS practices early to get there. Guessing even more people would've come had it been a 7 PM start. Do we know why it started at 6 PM?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT