ADVERTISEMENT

ITT: we link videos of nice Rutgers plays.. or games on youtube etc.

I was thinking today of showing people how to make their own gifs easy.
You can download a highlight/game video from YT using 4K downloader (safe))
Play video with VLC player - hit red record button to record play you want (hit button again to stop record).
Then upload clip to gif site and select size and framerate (more frames = smoother but might have to lower size)

Just made this

gcYlMyn.gif

Reactions: LeapinLou and RU-05
Need to link it with the play call by Tom McCarthy on WOR…

“They’re not going to catch him! Touchdown Rutgers!!!”

I'll start..

Opening kickoff of 2002 Rutgers at Tennessee
The modern day Rutgers kickoff return record is held by Nate Jones. He ran a kickoff back 101 yards against Tennessee on September 28, 2002 and amazingly repeated his record of 100 yards four weeks later against Syracuse.

According to the Tennessee Volunteers sports department, after the game, they checked their records back to the Vols first season in 1891. NOBODY had ever returned the opening game kick-off for a touchdown against Tennessee until Nate Jones run.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Another favorite memory. Not a great season but we had an obnoxious Syracuse fan sitting behind us in 124 making fun of Rutgers the whole game. That ending demoralized him. Probably why NJ Cuse fans are miserable. The wind game was even better.
The old lady that made the bus trip down from the tundra was pretty bad that day too. Loved watching them slink out of there silently.

Reactions: Section124
This is what an RB threat and a QB that commits to a good play-fake can do... we had never beaten Pitt and this was the first night game at Rutgers Stadium in 1992, 3rd and 13 and Pitt DB bites on a play-fake? Bad. I may have to moderate my criticisms of even calling for a play-fake in such situations.

early season game.. I think late Sept.
Watching that video there are so many good players that I almost forget about - Mitter, Guarnera, Brantley, etc. I really thought Doug was on the verge of getting it done but we discussed all that in another lengthy thread.

Watching that video there are so many good players that I almost forget about - Mitter, Guarnera, Brantley, etc. I really thought Doug was on the verge of getting it done but we discussed all that in another lengthy thread.
That whole video of that game is kinda awesome. Time capsule.. still have the condescending broadcasters.. refs calling it the "name" teams way.. cool throw-back ads.. like Neon Deion Nike ad with Dennis Leary. Nike should run that ad during a Colorado game. Early in video is some studio segment with a "young", for him, Lee Corso. And during a review of an upcoming Ohio State game they show teh PLAYER Kirk Herbstreit. Frosh QB Ray Lucas on the sidelines.. getting attention. The better of Father/Son Guarantano on the field. The OLD stadium !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RUPete
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT