ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jaden Jones to remain in NBA Draft

unless this kid has a deal with the 3rd division in Serbia already it makes no actual sense. He's basically saying "**** my future"

where is he playing next year? Rucker Park?

Reactions: Kbee3
Would have been the guy this year. Silly. Guess he hates college.
Based on his performance last year (or lack thereof ) what would make one think he’d actually even get playing time at RU next year?

…let alone make the nba

Great, so we can how have a 200+ response thread in lieu of the other 200+ thread on the infatuation of Jaden Jones.

This is very bizarre
I wish him the best of luck. This makes is rather obvious school was probably not a priority. I no longer blame Pike for not playing him much. I hope he eventually gets better advice in the future because this kid is talented and it would be a shame if it goes to waste

My buddy is sitting with me on the beach reading nj.com on Jones and the NBA . He a big RU football guy but so so interest on BB. He ask me “ who the F is Jaden Jones?” I never heard of him

Reactions: LETSGORU91
This whole thing makes no f***** sense. Either Jones or the coaching staff made a horrible mistake here

This whole thing makes no f***** sense. Either Jones or the coaching staff made a horrible mistake here
I don’t see it that way… the kid wants to be a pro. There are many ways to train for that. You can stay in college or go to another developmental league. This isn’t 1970. There are many options now.

I don’t see it that way… the kid wants to be a pro. There are many ways to train for that. You can stay in college or go to another developmental league. This isn’t 1970. There are many options now.
That’s fine, and in that case would imply the staff made a mistake, not Jones. Everyone who went on to play pro ball at any level at RU was a serious contributor for their time on the banks.

That’s fine, and in that case would imply the staff made a mistake, not Jones. Everyone who went on to play pro ball at any level at RU was a serious contributor for their time on the banks.
He wasn’t ready. He may become a pro in a few years but he needs to develop. No need to blame anyone.

What is the "mistake" that is being made?
Should Jaden stay in college even though he clearly has no interest in it?
Should HC Pike not recruit players who want to turn pro early (as if he would know that for sure)?

There are literally hundreds of early-entry college players who declare and stay in the draft every year and go undrafted.
Many like to romanticize it but not everybody wants to play college basketball.
Many want to start their professional career full-time.
This isn't a new occurrence. Just at Rutgers.

2021 NBA Draft there were 209 college early entry participants who stayed in the draft.
Obviously most of them knew they weren't being drafted.
They weren't "making a mistake".
They were just done with college basketball and all the strings that come attached (classes, studying, unpaid, etc.)

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/07/official-early-entrants-list-for-2021-nba-draft.html

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Not trying to be a di*k but why not? he's only half dozen team plane crashes away from getting a look at a tryout. I mean anything is possible right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT