ADVERTISEMENT

Janarion Grant Progress

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
This description has showed up in two NJ.com stories:

"The star wide receiver, who suffered a broken ankle in the fourth game of last season and took a redshirt, returned to the field at the start of spring camp as a punt returner. He worked his way to participating in individual drills and running routes, cutting on a dime at times and limping at others."

Is this Dunleavy and NJ.com being over dramatic?
If not over dramatic, is the "limping" normal given the time he has to heal?

I didn't notice him limping last week at Saturday's practice. Either way, his ankle was probably destroyed last fall..Rehab will have it's ups and downs as the ankle and surrounding muscles, tendons, and ligaments get tested. And who's to say his limping wasn't from something else? Typically the body will compensate for the injured part and strain the surrounding structures and even the opposite leg. Ankle bone is connected to the lower leg bone, leg bone connected to the knee bone...Sing along now!! I am cautiously optimistic he will make a full recovery in time for the season opener, but that won't be known until late summer.

I didn't notice him limping last week at Saturday's practice. Either way, his ankle was probably destroyed last fall..Rehab will have it's ups and downs as the ankle and surrounding muscles, tendons, and ligaments get tested. And who's to say his limping wasn't from something else? Typically the body will compensate for the injured part and strain the surrounding structures and even the opposite leg. Ankle bone is connected to the lower leg bone, leg bone connected to the knee bone...Sing along now!! I am cautiously optimistic he will make a full recovery in time for the season opener, but that won't be known until late summer.
I broke my ankle playing bball in high school. With me it took longer for the surrounding ligaments and tendons to completely heal and get strong again. Could be similar for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT