ADVERTISEMENT

Janarion Grant

HeywoodGiant

Senior
Gold Member
May 5, 2019
Is he the most exciting player ru has had? There are probably others but I can’t think of any right now

I think kick returns for TDs are among the most exciting plays. But I have more vivid memories of Rice regularly busting longer runs vs Pitt, USF, Army, Ball St, UNC and others. I really liked the Pitt run because Pitt had just scored to come within reach of RU and the crowd and team were amped-up. Then OL/Rice busted a 60+ yarder that was only stopped by Revis. It deflated the stadium like Brown busting out at UConn.

2006 team won a few games by some last minute heroics

z13XlpY.gif

I thought the new kickoff rules would get Grant a look from an NFL team.. but it seems everyone is just kicking it to the endzone.. not what was intended.

Still think Schiano's kickoff suggestion.. something like starting with a 4th and 10 from your own 35 or 40 is superior to this NFL kickoff BS.

Janarion is right up there.
I still think that Leonard Leap on that touchdown run at Illinois was one of the best Rutgers plays.
Ah yes, the infamous game where our fraud HC won the OT coin toss, wanted the ball first in the 1st OT and promptly lost, unaware of the importance of going second. That overtime decision pulled back the curtain on the sham and he still doesn’t understand winning offense even 20 years later.

Ibrahim Halsey from Elizabeth won it for the Illini in OT.

Ah yes, the infamous game where our fraud HC won the OT coin toss, wanted the ball first in the 1st OT and promptly lost, unaware of the importance of going second. That overtime decision pulled back the curtain on the sham and he still doesn’t understand winning offense even 20 years later.

Ibrahim Halsey from Elizabeth won it for the Illini in OT.
That was a tough loss . Ito missed a few kicks in that game too.
It was after that game, schiano came up with “keep choppin “. And a Rutgers coaching legend was born ! Enjoy it as you watch the best coach in Rutgers history lead our school

Leonte caroo, dbs couldn't do anything with him. Deceptive speed, doesn't look like he's running fast but they couldn't keep up.

That was a tough loss . Ito missed a few kicks in that game too.
It was after that game, schiano came up with “keep choppin “. And a Rutgers coaching legend was born ! Enjoy it as you watch the best coach in Rutgers history lead our school
Shelby was in U-C that sunny Midwest afternoon. Opposite sideline from the Leap. Appreciate the sarcasm but like or not that incomprehensible, inexcusable decision shone a light on his crippling football IQ deficiency which remains. That was the fateful day Shelby first realized we are being cheated and he’s stealing salary.

Shelby’s dislike started that day in Illinois and it hasn’t waned. Tennessee and OSU realized what Rutgers and Rutgers fans still don’t. He’s a small time, small thinker.

I wonder even 20 years later if he realizes yet it’s imperative to go first if you win the OT coin toss. I doubt it.

First guy with my own two eyes who made me go “WOAH!” was Tosh Riddick.

Granted (see what I did there😉), he wasn’t On the Banks long but it was also the first time I thought it could happen here.

I think UConn would vote for Tim Brown as our most exciting player
Here it is ! I was there in the end zone with the disgusting UConn fans standing above us and swearing at us the whole game as the ushers stood around collecting a paycheck. I started screaming , clapping, and jumping up and down so much, I started getting dizzy and lightheaded. I could watch this video ten times a day and never get tired of seeing it.

Here it is ! I was there in the end zone with the disgusting UConn fans standing above us and swearing at us the whole game as the ushers stood around collecting a paycheck.

Ah, that yielded some great images:

0fgcyNy.jpeg

dw3vlcl.jpeg

llaSQK1.jpeg

buaRkG1.jpeg

kZxMKDN.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT