ADVERTISEMENT

Jawan Jamison and Giovanni Bernard are the only RB's from 2010 in NFL?

MikeRU1766

Junior
Mar 7, 2015
So I was just cruising around the recruiting sites and took a look at the Top 100 RB's from 2010 according to ESPN. And I was shocked that off the top of my head the only 2 players I knew were on an NFL were the #16 Giovanni Bernard and the #71 Juwan Jamison!? That was pretty shocking to me especially if you look at the top 5 guys on the list.

Michael Dyer
Marcus Lattimore
Storm Johnson
Mack Brown
Jordan James

I was too lazy to do the research, but are any other guys from this Top 100 list in the NFL and I just have forgotten about them?

Pretty cool though that Juwan is the only 1 out of 2 who made it to the NFL. While a lot of it has to do with personal responsibility and ability.... I do say that Rutgers has a part in preparing our kids mentally and physically and maturity-wise for a future career and also has an environment that is healthy and safe for these HS to come and focus on becoming the best athletes they can be. For example, Kenny Britt seemed to get in a lot of trouble once he entered the NFL. Does anyone remember if he had any issues while at Rutgers?

Jawan Jamison was a practice player. That does not constitute making it to the NFL.

I think storm is in the league

This post was edited on 4/12 3:14 PM by biazza38

Even though Jamison is a practice player only, the question is still a valid one. Who else from that class is in the NFL?

Well yeah first off I said "made it to" the NFL, not "made it in" the NFL. But anyway...

Yeah Juwan was drafted 228th overall in the 2013 Draft in the 7th Round. But he hasn't recorded a single carry in a game so I would have to agree that technically I do not count you as "making it to" the NFL until you record an actual play in the NFL.

Even though you could very easily say he draws his check for being on the practice squad from an NFL team and therefore he has "made it to" the NFL.

But yeah pretty shocking that out of all the guys in that Top 100 class of 2010, only 2 players are drawing an NFL paycheck right now.

AND ONE OF THEM IS A RUTGERS MAN!!!! (I think. Please let us know of any others because I haven't checked every player on the list."

From rivals rb rankings I got

#38 juwann Thompson is on Denver if I'm not mistaken

#44 Andre Williams nyg

#60 Alfred blue Houston
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by MikeRU1766:
So I was just cruising around the recruiting sites and took a look at the Top 100 RB's from 2010 according to ESPN. And I was shocked that off the top of my head the only 2 players I knew were on an NFL were the #16 Giovanni Bernard and the #71 Juwan Jamison!? That was pretty shocking to me especially if you look at the top 5 guys on the list.

Michael Dyer
Marcus Lattimore
Storm Johnson
Mack Brown
Jordan James

I was too lazy to do the research, but are any other guys from this Top 100 list in the NFL and I just have forgotten about them?

Pretty cool though that Juwan is the only 1 out of 2 who made it to the NFL. While a lot of it has to do with personal responsibility and ability.... I do say that Rutgers has a part in preparing our kids mentally and physically and maturity-wise for a future career and also has an environment that is healthy and safe for these HS to come and focus on becoming the best athletes they can be. For example, Kenny Britt seemed to get in a lot of trouble once he entered the NFL. Does anyone remember if he had any issues while at Rutgers?
Storm Johnson was drafted by the Jaguars and is on their active roster, and Michael Dyer just completed his college eligibility this year and is eligible for the 2015 NFL draft.

Originally posted by WGLTAUD:
Jawan Jamison was a practice player. That does not constitute making it to the NFL.
Jamison was on Washington's active roster to end the season.

Originally posted by WGLTAUD:
If he's drawing a pay check from a team, I consider that making it to the NFL. Is he still on Wshington's practice squad or is he with another team?

CodyRU thank you for the solid research.

#3 Storm Johnson is on the Jaguars and he scored 2 TD's in his rookie season.

#55 Alfred Blue is on the Houston Texans and actually had a pretty decent rookie year as well.

#65 Juwan Johnson is on the Denver Bronco and he did OK as he scored 3 TD's his rookie year.

As per Andre Williams good find, but I am not going to count him as we were originally going based on the Top 100 RB's according to ESPN.

So now the fact must be changed.

Out of the Top 100 RB's of the 2010 (according to ESPN) only 5 of them have made it into the NFL and collected a paycheck. And one of our very own, Juwan Jamison is one of them!

Silas Redd played for Washington last year and had a TD.

James White played for New England.

Josh Huff is on the Eagles and is considered one of their top 2-3 WRs this year.

I'm really confused with this thread, and I just did a quick glance.

Doesn't seem like you are confused... you just contributed perfectly.

I started the thread because off the top of my head while looking at the 2010 Top100 RB's on ESPN as I glanced through I only knew 2 of the guys on the list had for sure made it to the NFL... but I had a feeling there had to be more so I threw it on the thread so people who pay attention to the NFL more than me could help add to the list.

So now we are up to 8 players from the 2010 Top 100 RB's have made it to the NFL.

Just goes to show that these recruits have to stay focused and work their tails off when they get to college. Because everyone on this list kicked ass in high school and probably had many people telling them they were meant to be in the NFL and all that jazz. And yet ONLY 8 out of 100 of them have even received a paycheck... never mind actually made a significant contribution.

Doesn't seem like you are confused... you just contributed perfectly.

I started the thread because off the top of my head while looking at the 2010 Top100 RB's on ESPN as I glanced through I only knew 2 of the guys on the list had for sure made it to the NFL... but I had a feeling there had to be more so I threw it on the thread so people who pay attention to the NFL more than me could help add to the list.

So now we are up to 8 players from the 2010 Top 100 RB's have made it to the NFL.

Just goes to show that these recruits have to stay focused and work their tails off when they get to college. Because everyone on this list kicked ass in high school and probably had many people telling them they were meant to be in the NFL and all that jazz. And yet ONLY 8 out of 100 of them have even received a paycheck... never mind actually made a significant contribution.
Good topic. Let's looks at the Rivals Top RBs from 2010:

1. Marcus Lattimore-Never played a down because of a knee injury
2. Michael Dyer--Never made it to NFL because he was declared academically ineligible at Louisville after transferring
3. Lache Seastrunk--On practice squad of Titans as of October 2014?
4. Silas Redd--covered above
5. Braylon Heard-entering draft this year
6. Rodderick Smith--dismissed from Ohio State
7. Storm Johnson- covered above
8. Jordon James- UCLA-not clear if he is entering draft.

The Marcus Lattimore story is such a tough one to hear. Because it is one thing for a potentially great player's career to not be fulfilled because of his own poor decision making. But if is totally different when it is due to injury because he did everything right and yet it just wasn't meant to be.

Some good news though is Marcus doesn't seem to be letting any disappointment keep him down. He just asked his girlfriend to marry him today so CONGRATULATIONS to Marcus Lattimore.

The Marcus Lattimore story is such a tough one to hear. Because it is one thing for a potentially great player's career to not be fulfilled because of his own poor decision making. But if is totally different when it is due to injury because he did everything right and yet it just wasn't meant to be.

Some good news though is Marcus doesn't seem to be letting any disappointment keep him down. He just asked his girlfriend to marry him today so CONGRATULATIONS to Marcus Lattimore.
The Lattimore story is a heartbreaker. He should be banging a different model in every NFL city. But his legs were literally taken out from beneath him. Now he's got a ball and chain. How the mighty have fallen. Truly heartbreaking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT