ADVERTISEMENT

Just How Easy is Rutgers' Football Schedule This Year?

The analyst guy’s main concern is that “Rutgers lost their one playmaker on offense Gavin Wimsatt.”

Yeah. Lost me after that LOL
Could be a problem if the new WR’s and the TE group underperform. Also INT’s are always a potential problem once you rely more on passing. As Woody Hayes probably once said, “I hate you, Art Schlichter! Where is my Archie Griffin?”

Last edited:
Could be a problem if the new WR’s and the TE group underperform. Also INT’s are always a potential problem once you rely more on passing. As Woody Hayes probably once said, “I hate you, Art Schlichter! Where is my Archie Griffin?”

And my aunt would be my uncle if she had balls.

• Haha
Reactions: Bagarocks
Virginia Tech's defense did not match up well with a scrambling QB. A lot of people outside of Rutgers felt that Wimsatt was a playmaker with his legs and occasional big pass. It didn't look like much but hanging onto the football with the running back made defenders hesitate for a fraction of a second. VT's defense is much better at crashing the pocket with a stationary QB.

dont you mean 4?
Oregon was never in the BIGTEN East. The good news is that the “Super Bowl” games are winnable…@USC, @VTech, @Nebraska (will be penciled in as losses by most objective types). Luckily UCLA and Washington aren’t west coast road games.

And my aunt would be my uncle if she had balls.
I do believe the offense will be good and balanced because there should be enough decent receivers…but it will look very different without a very good running QB. KM is great but is not the big play threat that a guy like Henderson of OSU is.
Not playing any preseason top 10 teams should help too. Top 10 teams are good on both sides of the ball. I’m sure Oregon even has a decent D.

Virginia Tech's defense did not match up well with a scrambling QB. A lot of people outside of Rutgers felt that Wimsatt was a playmaker with his legs and occasional big pass. It didn't look like much but hanging onto the football with the running back made defenders hesitate for a fraction of a second. VT's defense is much better at crashing the pocket with a stationary QB.
As much as I wanted Wimsatt to work out here, I really don’t feel he was a scrambler. He was a power runner, and he very, very rarely gained more than a yard or two when he ran into the pile. A few times there were holes and he got free, but it was an almost never type scenario. I think our offense functioned by the D not knowing he would keep it or give it to Monangai. 9 times out of 10 he gave it to Monangai. I don’t think defenses would have fell for it this year, particularly VA Tech who got burned by it last year.

I believe Greg and Kirk must think the same given Wimsatt is gone.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
We won’t really know the strength of schedule until the end of the season, when we get to see how everyone performs. That said, we look to have both one of the easiest schedules in the BIG, and in the P4, based on expectations for this season.

A better thread title would be: “Just How Difficult has Rutgers Football Schedule Been the Last 10 Years That the Addition of Washington, USC, and UCLA Would Be Considered a Weak Schedule for Anyone?”
Exactly

Imagine we had a schedule like this in greg 1.0?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT