ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE GAME THREAD: RFootball vs. Purdue

So proud of these guys. After last week's gut wrenching loss I thought today would be an emotionless bust. Great job team and coaches!

There seemed to be some evidence of this early on but they kept chopping and were the better team as the game progressed. Losing #55 really hurt Purdue. Could not stop the run.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Despite a bunch of No calls, we somehow prevail at the end. Good thing Purdue only had 2 TOs left. Don't understand how losing 5 yards on kneel downs gained anything. At least run laterally and go down to waste time and make the refs take additional time to reset the ball.

Despite a bunch of No calls, we somehow prevail at the end. Good thing Purdue only had 2 TOs left. Don't understand how losing 5 yards on kneel downs gained anything. At least run laterally and go down to waste time and make the refs take additional time to reset the ball.
Agree.

I was way more concerned with the shotgun snaps there vs. Under center.
But then Langan doesn't go under center.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
I loved this game. I think Glennon has learned something about Big Ten football vs. Ivy League football. Going to the run and not getting too cute with trick plays and swing passes (at the end of the game when victory is within grasp with some conservative play calling) sealed the deal. As I said above, if we had run that 4th quarter offense that we did today in the last two minutes vs, Illinois and in our first OT possession last week, we may have won those games. Anyway, look forward, not behind. What a vast improvement over the last few years. Rutgers is competitive in the Big Ten and fun to watch.
on top of that I will add that the players all gained a bit of confidence in the coaches from something like this..

lets play the rest of our games on the far edge of the eastern timezone.. we win there

It was said at the start of the season Gleeson is very versed in playing multiple quarterbacks. I think we will continue to see that.
Is it possible both QBs were told they would get a half? We've gone from having NO QBs of note vs Illinois to 3 now... each with their value proposition.

Shall we continue to look for a 4th?

Is it possible both QBs were told they would get a half? We've gone from having NO QBs of note vs Illinois to 3 now... each with their value proposition.

Shall we continue to look for a 4th?
I’m sure It was played out as it was playing out. Gleeson doesn’t strike me as a guy who sticks to a scripted plan. His feel for a game is like nothing we’ve had here before.

I love the multiple QB concept. There are so many accepted no-no's in football which need to be challenged. We've already seen a few this season. Schiano is a great football mind but its clear that schiano 2.0 is open minded enough to let Gleeson challenge the orthodoxy.

I love the multiple QB concept. There are so many accepted no-no's in football which need to be challenged. We've already seen a few this season. Schiano is a great football mind but its clear that schiano 2.0 is open minded enough to let Gleeson challenge the orthodoxy.
can you imagine if Gleeson hit on that Sitkowski QB Draw? Just "wow".. taking out a running QB to.. RUN THE QB.. it was flippin' genius but just did not mesh with what the D ran.

I say this because we can not just run Langan when he is in.. the Adams TD pass shows what can be done when you go against role. I just wonder about the OL being able to adjust to different QBs cadences.

If you are PSU which RU team do you prepare for next week. They actually have to prepare for all three. A big question will be can Langan have this kind of success against them since they will be better prepared Then Purdue and, they saw him last year. We shall see. Can’t wait.

Wins and losses don't matter this year. There won't be many bowls to attend this year. Its just to establish we are a competent and competitive team again on offense and defense. I think that goal was accomplished pretty quick this year. You will have top recruits lining up to come here for years to come.

2020 185 pts in 6 B1G games 30.8 pts a game. 2-4
Defense 184 pts- 30.7
2019 51 pts in 9 B1G games. 5.7 pts a game. 0-9
Defense 440 pts (355 in 9 B1G- 39.4)
2018 100 pts in 9 B1G games 11.1 pts a game. 0-9
Defense 377 pts (273 in 9 B1G- 30.3)

Last time our offense outscored our defense 2012.

They should work Langan in at RB.
I dunno... at RB maybe he loses a step and he does run a bit upright. And next thing you know the play does send him north and south... I am convinced we can use more dives to Pachecko and Adams... none of this pussyfooting running outside.. just have the OL fire out.. like with Langan runs.. and hand it off fast..

Reactions: RUDead
I’m sure It was played out as it was playing out. Gleeson doesn’t strike me as a guy who sticks to a scripted plan. His feel for a game is like nothing we’ve had here before.
I believe you are correct. I would like to see
Gleason Design a play with Sit and Gleason
are both it. The defense would say what the
heck.

our LBs cannot cover.. you might as well blitz em.. even a zone blitz.. DE can cover as well as the LBs have

cmon turnover
patting myself on the back.. as Toure had the interception because he dropped into coverage on a zone blitz with a DB blitzing..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT