ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz leaves ESPN

RUtah

Junior
May 7, 2014
Mark May better be next.

http://deadspin.com/lou-holtz-is-out-at-espn-relive-his-greatest-hits-here-1697395091

Despite the hypocrisy of May and Holz' pro-ND stance, I actually liked Holz' and Mays' banter, but found myself watching them less this year in favor of the BTN coverage. Another article said ESPN and Holz "mutually agreed" to part ways.

They finally installed the Glory Holes in the ND Football bathrooms?

fuddit_rylee.jpg

I always liked Lou but at the end he was just a wondering old old man.

I flipped on Saturday night fights the other night. Costas, Michaels and Alberts.

It was like watching skeletons with wigs.

CAN WE GET SOME NEW BLOOD?????????????????????????

I'm going to miss the interaction between Lou Holtz and Mark May on 'College Football Final' late Saturday nights/early Sunday mornings. I enjoyed their goofy performances... it was entertaining and fun to watch. And remember, the first letter of that network is E.... with S being second.

Also, I was disappointed there was no ACC Wheel of Destiny for the 2014 season of College Football Final... perhaps the producers weren't allotted enough money to construct a new wheel featuring Louisville instead of Maryland.

This post was edited on 4/13 5:44 AM by Innermind

The College Football Final show used to be great. The first year you could tell that May and Holtz didn't like each other one bit and at times it was tense but they figured out in year two how to use that fire between them to make great TV. In the end I think they respected each other but the show has become a typical ESPN promotion. The Final Verdict segment was just completely stupid where Reese plays judge and May & Holtz play lawyers. Just awful. Along with the Highlight Lounge where the three of them would sit in front of a giant TV screen and the camera was behind them as they commented was a complete joke. It reminded me of Mystery Science 3000. Typical of ESPN to take something that worked and keep making changes until the original show is unrecognizable.

I think Holtz is leaving because the show became an embarrassment and he was tired of the Doctor Lou segments. How many times can you beat that dead horse!

The only part worth watching was the last 2 minutes to see he got helmet stickers.
11159554_963747856991644_4780758265190038054_n.jpg

This post was edited on 4/13 7:43 AM by WhiteBus

is ESPN trying to get younger? Not nrenewing Bobby Knight and Lou Holtz gets rid of 2 of their elder employees.

Re: Lou Holtz leaves ESPN
knightfan7 posted on 4/13/2015...

Originally posted by RUfinal4:
is ESPN trying to get younger? Not nrenewing Bobby Knight and Lou Holtz gets rid of 2 of their elder employees.

Dookie V is next.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh you're such a tease.

Great news. Don't have to listen to his blabbering and spitting anymore.

I agree that DukieV needs to go next. I change the channel when he's on...his act is 20 years too old.

Thank God. I couldn't stand listening to him slurping and slurring through halftime. ESPN needs to clean house. Listening to the same schtick was so tiring I started muting during halftimes like five years ago.

Originally posted by Bamm Bamm Rubble:
BTN,Fox Soccer Plus, bIN sports who needs ESPN?The great thing that BTN does is cover the Big Ten exclusively. It is also it downfall if you live all of college football. College Gameday is still the top pregame show by far and they still give a great rundown at night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT