ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Manville

Did anyone really think he was going to commit a year early to RU. RU is going to need multiple AA's to start landing world champions. Losing Suriano wold have been be a huge loss this early. Let's see how RU does this year. Plus with Manvilles is a world class freestyle wrestler. PSU caters much better to that than RU.

it's noteworthy but let's not use it as an excuse to get down on RU's current recruiting efforts and the kids that are committing to Rutgers.

Blair's elite kids are still going to seek the most elite programs and PSU is not slowing down while Cael is HC, so this should be no surprise nor cause for alarm.

The coaches already have a good start on the 2016 class with Paetzell. a lot of early committing is going on but there is still a very long way to go in the recruiting season. i'm exciting to see how things play out.

Originally posted by Jaroslav Hasek:
it's noteworthy but let's not use it as an excuse to get down on RU's current recruiting efforts and the kids that are committing to Rutgers.

Blair's elite kids are still going to seek the most elite programs and PSU is not slowing down while Cael is HC, so this should be no surprise nor cause for alarm.

The coaches already have a good start on the 2016 class with Paetzell. a lot of early committing is going on but there is still a very long way to go in the recruiting season. i'm exciting to see how things play out.
Well put.

Agree 100%.

I agree also. I really like the way they are recruiting. Would like to see a few more nationally recruited kids sign, but I believe that will start very soon. Would also like to see a stud 174-197 commit.

Dallavia, Donner, Mulligan, and Correntti will all be nationally ranked NJ seniors next year in 174-197 weight range. I believe we still got a shot at Suriano.

I'm not knocking our recruiting but 1 of these days we have to get these kids. I know Goodale, Donny & staff are working very hard & I won't worry unless we don't get Suriano.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Leonard23:
I'm not knocking our recruiting but 1 of these days we have to get these kids. I know Goodale, Donny & staff are working very hard & I won't worry unless we don't get Suriano.
X2

Originally posted by IroniaHorse:

start worrying...expect to see him in Big 10 but not on the Banks

Thanks for great post #1. I guess we can now stop talking about him for the next year or whatever. $$$$

I could see Suriano in an Iowa singlet. With his relentless style. Always moving forward. It makes sense.

Although, there isn't exactly a deep track record of NJ guys going to Iowa. Last I can recall was Baldosaro.

This post was edited on 11/27 11:22 AM by belushijo

Originally posted by dollarbill:

Thanks for great post #1. I guess we can now stop talking about him for the next year or whatever. $$$$
Dollarbill, if you knew who IroniaHorse was he would not post that if it was not true. He is a big supporter of RU wrestling.

So who is IroniaHorse and how does he know Suriano isn't coming here? I thought we were doing well & had a good shot of him coming. Is that not the case now?

I know nothing about Suriano's recruitment, but I do know Northwestern got his teammate , Johnny Sebastian last season, and Bergen Catholic also sent the 2 Dickerson brothers, Cameron & brother, to Northwestern recently to play Football. So , NorthWestern Does have a track record with Bergen Catholic.

Originally posted by ScarletGrapfan:

Originally posted by dollarbill:

Dollarbill, if you knew who IroniaHorse was he would not post that if it was not true. He is a big supporter of RU wrestling.

I was giving him a straight response. His information is appreciated. We just went through six months of Briscoe on the Mens' Basketball Board. It's tiring. Thanks. $$$$

What ever happened to Baldosaro? I believe, he was in the same recruiting class as Josh Dziewa. Anyone remember, Dziewa, 12th ranked recruit in 2010 class? He originally committed to wrestling at Rutgers and then after a great S32 he jumped ships to Iowa.

Josh Dwieza was #1 135 pounder coming out of high school. Not a bad career, but certainly underperformed expectations. One more shot as 5th year to make AA. Currently ranked #5 at 141.
http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-wrestl/mtt/josh_dziewa_717943.html

Imagine Earl Hall, Rossi Bruno, Josh Dwieza and current crew? We would be spectacular lower 5 weights this year. THen if Campo lives up to promise and Bill Smith stays in top 10, we would have a solid top 15 team.

We are close and next year will be quite impressive at Madison Sq . We lose no starters.
-j

I can't wait until Rutgers/Iowa dual when Ashnault decks Dwieza >:). I still remember being so pumped up when Dwieza committed to Rutgers and being super excited when he was doing so well during the offseason.. only to then have him lured by Brands to Iowa bc of the recent success. Yes, Rutgers is on the rise.

I've asked this question before, but does anyone know who if anybody has stopping by the SKWC. I know RU has become a regional training center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT