ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe it’s the way Rutgers played...

combes

Freshman
Jul 10, 2001
against Illinois that makes me think this, but I think Rutgers is being underrated.

Sorry, I posted an article from 247 and then thought that might not be right thing to do. So I deleted it. I think it’s free if you search it.

Has Rutgers in the bottom 5 in the league. Looks like 12th. I disagree.

Last edited:
Everyone is going to have us in the 10-13 range.

I could see us higher than 10 if things break right. After Michigan State, I think the league will be more competitive than I ever remember it.

Everyone in this conference is competitive. The difference between 8th place and 10-12 is one or two bounces that go your way. We can improve immensely but not record wise if we don’t close. That’s what it will all come down to. Closing out games.
I can think of 2-3 games that went our way that could have easily went the wrong way. On the flip side, had we won the Illinois, Iowa, or second PSU game, we would have finished around 10th.

against Illinois that makes me think this, but I think Rutgers is being underrated.

Sorry, I posted an article from 247 and then thought that might not be right thing to do. So I deleted it. I think it’s free if you search it.

Has Rutgers in the bottom 5 in the league. Looks like 12th. I disagree.

I agree. I think the case for us finishing inside the top 12 is that adding Young, Mulcahy, Yeboah and Doucoure (more than) offsets losing Eugene and Doorson. Plus the expected development of our six first year players (Harper, Mathis, Caleb, Myles, Carter and Kiss).

Reactions: NJDOVES and Scangg
I read that also but maybe it will be inspiration for our guys. The league is very tough.

Right now ...under the radar is good

Keep the chip in your shoulder and play like you have something to prove

B1G top 10-12 will be very good. Winning on the road will be very difficult. 5-5 1-9 6-14 could be 13th place

Won two road games last year with 4 freshmen. Need to finally beat Purdue.

Won two road games last year with 4 freshmen. Need to finally beat Purdue.

Unfortunately we play three of the weaker teams (Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota) at home only.

At Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin are varying levels of winnable. Probably not winning at Maryland or Purdue although we'll see how the Boilers are without Edwards. And at Michigan State and Ohio State will be real tough.

We play Illinois home and away?

Yep.

The best path to an 11-9 season and a tournament bid is:

3-0 against the home-only opponents (Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern)

1-0 against Iowa (at Iowa)

2-0 against Nebraska

1-1 against Penn State, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin

That's ten wins. Then pull off an upset against Purdue, Maryland, Michigan State, or Ohio State.(MSU and OSU are road-only so that's a tougher ask)

Reactions: Jaycg15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT