ADVERTISEMENT

MCLA Lacrosse questions

jreinsdorf

All American
Jun 28, 2006
Question. Recently I saw a coach from USF at a local HS game. I had no idea that the Bulls even had a team. After researching I realized they played in the MCLA and had no idea that was even a thing. Can anyone here shed any light on the level of comp? Are they recruiting aggressively and offering merit money? The list of schools that participate is impressive from schools I never heard of to big name universities in power conferences.

The MCLA has been around for decades but mostly away from the Northeast, basically created by Title IX limitations on the big schools and/or money. The top schools could go into the D3 tournament and more than hold their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: jreinsdorf
I have players who play MCLA and get money from the schools to do so. It can be a great option for kids.

I have players who play MCLA and get money from the schools to do so. It can be a great option for kids.
Gef, so what I’ve read on the internet is that the D1 programs in particular will offer aid if they want a kid? Is that accurate?

Gef, so what I’ve read on the internet is that the D1 programs in particular will offer aid if they want a kid? Is that accurate?
Each school is different, but there are much less restrictions on how money can be used.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT