ADVERTISEMENT

Media Coverage in Spain?

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
Are any of the games televised or would we be able to see any replays? How many games do we play?

Would love to watch the games and get insight on the level of teams they are competing with. They should bring cameras to either live stream or upload at night

Not sure why Rutgers can’t Periscope or Facebook Live the Gabe’s. It wouldn’t be difficult. Don’t need announcers. Just one of the managers to hold their phone.
That would look awesome. A view of the game from the end of the bench, near the corner of the court? Or possibly from the row behind the players?

Come to think of it, that would not be a good reflection on the Rutgers brand.

I posted this on another thread but no one responded so I will try again here. Is it possible that, because we are playing against professional club teams and their players I assume are paid to play, that taping the games for some form of broadcast would require some form of compensation. Just a thought. Is it simply possible that airing the games would complicate the contractual issues?

I posted this on another thread but no one responded so I will try again here. Is it possible that, because we are playing against professional club teams and their players I assume are paid to play, that taping the games for some form of broadcast would require some form of compensation. Just a thought. Is it simply possible that airing the games would complicate the contractual issues?

I think it's either this or the coaching staff doesn't want any tape of them out there for opposing teams to gameplan against.

Twitter bought it and now it’s Twitter’s live stream function.
Okay thanks. That's what I thought I heard from someone else.
I think it's either this or the coaching staff doesn't want any tape of them out there for opposing teams to gameplan against.
OMG somebody figured it out :clap::clap::clap:

The games on these kind of trips or a perfect opportunity for the college teams to work on their plays against another opponent. I'm sure RU will record the games, but once they're online your opponent can grab that and they have early Scout video.

You do not want Caldwell getting early video on your Baseline out-of-bounds plays, sideline out-of-bounds plays, end of clock plays etc.

Reactions: RUScrewPod
OMG somebody figured it out :clap::clap::clap:

The games on these kind of trips or a perfect opportunity for the college teams to work on their plays against another opponent. I'm sure RU will record the games, but once they're online your opponent can grab that and they have early Scout video.

You do not want Caldwell getting early video on your Baseline out-of-bounds plays, sideline out-of-bounds plays, end of clock plays etc.

Well if you already knew it, why didn’t you share it? You know it alls need to keep the know nothings informed, it’s good for the brand.

Reactions: ScarletR30

That's an excellent point, one I hadn't thought of. Thanks.

An Italian company is doing live video of the Big 10 teams that are going there to play for fans to watch. I think they are having announcers as well. They have said what/if there is cost to watch them. I think there are 4 Big 10 teams playing in Italy.

Reactions: AD888
Maybe the coaching staff doesn't want any tape. Period. Maybe they just want to play a few games, use a lot of players and have a great experience without the usual micro-analysis.
I remember Coach P at a Court Club meeting talking about a preseason game with someone where they agreed not to share. Tapes. Then at a game in the future the other team shouting out the names of the plays we were running that they could only know if they saw a tape of the preseason game. Any other CC members remember that?

Per ScarletKnights.com

"Fans can follow the team's tour of Spain via the official Rutgers Athletics website and the team's Twitter and Instagram accounts. Highlight videos, statistics, stories and photos will be posted throughout the trip."

Damn. Should have gone to play Chinese club teams. Property rights don’t mean shit there.

DePaul has been in Europe since the 3rd. Their games are streaming:

Creighton has been in Australia since the 1st. No video, but stat updates and they also cut together a highlight video (in a separate tweet)

Bunch of other tours kicking off right about now. Most will have Creighton-level coverage.

Actually more teams are streaming than I thought. West Virginia, Seton Hall, Washington, Georgia Tech, Georgetown, Xavier, Texas Tech, and Syracuse are all on FloHoops (which is a subscription thing, but still).

DePaul has been in Europe since the 3rd. Their games are streaming:

Creighton has been in Australia since the 1st. No video, but stat updates and they also cut together a highlight video (in a separate tweet)

Bunch of other tours kicking off right about now. Most will have Creighton-level coverage.

Whatever deal for streaming that was being put together in Italy for Big 10 teams fell through. No reason given.

Reactions: kcg88
Actually more teams are streaming than I thought. West Virginia, Seton Hall, Washington, Georgia Tech, Georgetown, Xavier, Texas Tech, and Syracuse are all on FloHoops (which is a subscription thing, but still).
SWEET. I subscribe to FloHoops

Minnesota is streaming their game:

We are officially the odd duck if we don't have video of our games.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikefla
WVU beat Madrid All-Stars (our opponent tomorrow) by about 20 today.

Correction, it was 28 but it was a 16-point margin after three quarters. Their 5* center recruit was not with them, held up by similar issues as Doucoure.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT