ADVERTISEMENT

Memo to pat Hobbs ...Rutgers-Seton Hall tickets

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
find ways to get all the tickets into scarlet hands

Offer basketball season tickets holders chance to get them first

Offer women’s basketball, football season ticket holders, wrestling, chanxe to get them first

Keep the float low...no reason why we can’t do this.

AND make sure the new RWJ Barnabas is open for tours that day. Every young kid and high schooler needs to see what THEIR State University has to offer that no one else in the state or area can provide.

Reactions: bwrlaw
We really need somehow to make certain that by far most of those attending must be RU fans.

Offer women’s basketball, football season ticket holders, wrestling, chanxe to get them first

You might consider sending him an email instead of hoping he sees it here

Knightfan, I don’t If the Big Ten has any kind of agreement within the conference, but usually you only see visiting fans in the two or three rows behind the visitors bench for non conference games. Usually you see family in those rows. I guess there could be some type of arrangement because the non conference games with SHU have turned into an annual contest. At Newark, this isn’t an issue because they can always open the upper level.

You might consider sending him an email instead of hoping he sees it here

Tango

I have found that what is FAR more effective than witting a single email or letter to the Rutgers athletic brass is getting a really good idea backed by a thread on one of these boards supported by the loyal.

I can tell you first hand that the athletic dept reads these boards. They look for ideas on the board (and also look for game day issues that they weren’t aware of to investigate)...

Make this a couple of pages long...it actually might get back to mr Hobbs with some strength ...

Reactions: RUChoppin
Tango

I have found that what is FAR more effective than witting a single email or letter to the Rutgers athletic brass is getting a really good idea backed by a thread on one of these boards supported by the loyal.

I can tell you first hand that the athletic dept reads these boards. They look for ideas on the board (and also look for game day issues that they weren’t aware of to investigate)...

Make this a couple of pages long...it actually might get back to mr Hobbs with some strength ...

I’d still send a letter or email where you know they will see it opposed to a message board thread where Hobbs May or may not see it.

Oh no, this thread is a tacit admission that SH is RU's biggest rival in bball.:WooHoo:
Your dream comes true.:ThumbsUp
As far as I'm concerned,the Hall does make a better OOC Rival than Monmouth [roll]

Rutgers should offer season tix holders first shot at single tix to this game.

I just think this needs to run it's normal course without any specific or special circumstances. No one knows how the start of the season will ultimately go for either program and with the schedule for B1G schools, still not finalized with the 2 December games, there doesn't need to be any specific emphasis on SHU.

I would finally like to know what the 2 December B1G games are, because dependent on how the track record has been with the B1G, we could expect 2 very difficult opponents before SHU (1 home and 1 away).

The schedule breakdown is

@ Pittsburgh
B1G game #1
B1G game #2
SHU

With so much talk about strength of schedule, that's not a fear I have involved for the conference schedule. At the same time, if 1000 or 1500 Seton Hall fans feel inclined to pay full price for the 300's and scattered other seats in the 100's or 200's, I'm not concerned at all. The reverse actually is what I believe weighs on SHU fans or their program.

if RU sustains the progress they're making in recruiting and on the court, the game next year at Prudential Center would be one of the games where a good road win presents itself, in the OOC slate. Something that some fans seem overly obsessed with. In that scenario of around 9500 to 10000 lower bowl seats at Prudential center, SHU has a dilemma of what happens if the crowd support stays at 75% SHU and 25% RU.....if you have RU with more momentum in another year, the 3000 or so RU fans would assuredly be at Prudential Center.

If there is a demand for more seats, it's going to come from RU fans looking to buy tickets and SHU has a decision of adding more RU fans to the equation and making their home court advantage less relevant. While that would be a best case scenario, it's not a big deal for me, since RU's building is significantly more attractive for recruits and fans, when the intensity is higher than a non-sold out game.

Knightfan, I don’t If the Big Ten has any kind of agreement within the conference, but usually you only see visiting fans in the two or three rows behind the visitors bench for non conference games. Usually you see family in those rows. I guess there could be some type of arrangement because the non conference games with SHU have turned into an annual contest. At Newark, this isn’t an issue because they can always open the upper level.

It's been a while since I've been to a game at the RAC but seem to remember SHU having entire sections 111, 112, 211, 212, 311, 312.

It's been a while since I've been to a game at the RAC but seem to remember SHU having entire sections 111, 112, 211, 212, 311, 312.
Our fans are so much louder and aggressive than theirs. Their fans sit on their hands with smug looks on their faces the whole time. It’ll be 85/15 imo

Our fans are so much louder and aggressive than theirs. Their fans sit on their hands with smug looks on their faces the whole time. It’ll be 85/15 imo

I'm wondering if RU had provided SHU those tickets to sell to their fans like they do for Visiting B1G teams in FB and BB?

That is not what happened in 2017. Shoe had behind their bench, and then scattered throughout the RAC, but mostly in the high 200’s and 300’s. They didn’t get whole sections. The one section behind their bench they filled only 2/3.

They probably had about 1,000 -1,200 total in 2017.

Eh, I didn't think the Hall fans were a big deal last time they came to the RAC. There was plenty of scarlet in the building and the Hall fans left quietly.

sad if they actually read these boards and lend them any real credence

if RU sustains the progress they're making in recruiting and on the court, the game next year at Prudential Center would be one of the games where a good road win presents itself, in the OOC slate. Something that some fans seem overly obsessed with. In that scenario of around 9500 to 10000 lower bowl seats at Prudential center, SHU has a dilemma of what happens if the crowd support stays at 75% SHU and 25% RU.....if you have RU with more momentum in another year, the 3000 or so RU fans would assuredly be at Prudential Center.

If there is a demand for more seats, it's going to come from RU fans looking to buy tickets and SHU has a decision of adding more RU fans to the equation and making their home court advantage less relevant. While that would be a best case scenario, it's not a big deal for me, since RU's building is significantly more attractive for recruits and fans, when the intensity is higher than a non-sold out game.

There has never been 3000 fans at SHU's home court in the history of the Meadowlands and Prudential Center. In the offseasons prior to each of those contests, there was always this delusional pie-in-the-sky talk about turning the corner. But this time -- really -- it's happening. Must be August. And the line about the RAC being more attractive than the Rock. Gold, Greggy, gold!

It's nicer than Walsh.
Yes, it is nicer than walsh. But that a huge school (do you have ten times as many students as Seton Hall?) does not routinely sell out that tiny place is really staggering, even given the decades of bad ball. We had a few thousand fans at the beginning of the BE. and THAT was bad ball too, with little hope it would get better. Multiply those early attendance figures by ten and we fill the carrier dome.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Can't believe Goliath is worried about David. Your undergrad enrollment is about 6 times larger (35,000 - 6,000)

Season Ticket Holders will be given the first opportunity to purchase single-game tickets once the full schedule is released. All Non-Conference single-game tickets will go on sale in early October! Conference single-game tickets will go on sale in early November!

http://rutgersgameday.com/wintersports/mens-basketball-single-game-tickets/

I would think after the basketball holders get first crack, open it up to the football holders . Then after that put them on public sale

Plum, I would also make sure they are offered to the wrestling season ticket holders. We are top five in wrestling attendance in the country and have over three thousand wrestling season ticket holders.

4pm on a Saturday is going to have this atmosphere absolutely bonkers. Going to be a lotttttt of people peppered up. Wouldn't be shocked to see tailgates and the student atmosphere will be phenomenal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT