ADVERTISEMENT

Message to BTN

You could hear them switching between the two levels lol
I noticed this, and it was incredibly annoying. I wondered if it was to help the announcers' voices to be heard more clearly? That is, not being drowned out by the crowd? It was the only thing I could think of, but over the years, those two things have never been in competition with each other, even when the roof is coming off the place.

Shitty production, I thought. And a shame, because I know it was raucous.

i also felt like the play by play guys were not even at the game

Jerry Recco and Rutgers MBB alum Austin Johnson were super on the radio broadcast. Seemed like the crowd noise was suppressed so listeners could hear Jerry and Austin, which I understand on the radio.

Reactions: tm_nj and biazza38
Jerry was sick yesterday. Other announcer was good Post game.
My bad. You are correct! I thought something seemed different about Austin's partner. I only listened to the last 5 minutes of regulation, the overtime, and the postgame.

I noticed this, and it was incredibly annoying. I wondered if it was to help the announcers' voices to be heard more clearly? That is, not being drowned out by the crowd? It was the only thing I could think of, but over the years, those two things have never been in competition with each other, even when the roof is coming off the place.

Shitty production, I thought. And a shame, because I know it was raucous.
That’s definitely what it was, but just don’t talk during those times, ya know?

Let the RAC roar on TV.

It's definitely suppressed on TV. The best is when everyone is so loud inside and the ref blows the whistle and basketball keeps playing because no one can even hear it lol.

The B1G announcers made it clear that they are usually seated court side. Not the case at the RAC. Communicating with the officials was thru their production people and not directly. Clear that they would rather not be seated well above the action.

Reactions: SHUSource
I was watching on BTN on FIOS. Whoever was working the scoreboard graphic on the bottom must have been drinking throughout the game because it was glitchy all night. Points were given to the team that hadn't scored or took a while to even show up. At one point in the second half, they showed Nebraska's foul total as 13 instead of just going to the Bonus+.

I was watching on BTN on FIOS. Whoever was working the scoreboard graphic on the bottom must have been drinking throughout the game because it was glitchy all night. Points were given to the team that hadn't scored or took a while to even show up. At one point in the second half, they showed Nebraska's foul total as 13 instead of just going to the Bonus+.
Absolutely annoyed the poop out of me.

Reactions: Kbee3
The B1G announcers made it clear that they are usually seated court side. Not the case at the RAC. Communicating with the officials was thru their production people and not directly. Clear that they would rather not be seated well above the action.
Ehh. This is Jersey, it’s illegal to pump your own gas. Keep em up top

They were relentless in making mentions of this. It definitely was intentional to make a point to whoever they wanted to hear it

OT: Talk about suppressing stuff.

l was watching BTN this afternoon and our record according to their scroll was 1-4.

Just shows how much they wanted the refs to blow the game. They assumed we lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Must have been a Nebraska Alum!

Stop suppressing the crowd noise at the RAC.

I live across the country and want to go deaf from the noise level on TV.

Thanks.
What doesn’t make sense to me is why they’re suppressing the crowd noise to begin with. It’s way more exciting for television viewers to hear the crowd, even if the announcers have to shout at times. BTN is blowing a big opportunity to make their broadcasts must-watch tv by college bball fans.

Last edited:
What doesn’t make sense to me is why they’re suppressing the crowd noise to begin with. It’s way more exciting for television viewers to hear the crowd, even I f the announcers have to shout at times. BTN is blowing a big opportunity to make their broadcasts must-watch tv by college bball fans.

Agreed, games with loud crowds are always more fun to watch.

Reactions: BillyC80
I kept thinking early in the game that maybe the ganja I was smoking was way stronger than I expected. Rutgers would score but they'd add the points to Nebraska's total...slowly....eventually correcting it. Then they would do the same thing the other way. I figured maybe the person running the scoreboard had been smoking the good stuff.
Great ending to the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg and zappaa
Was away on business and listening to the BTN broadcast on CarPlay - the play by play guy was not doing any play by play. I know they are TV guys but he was essentially useless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT