ADVERTISEMENT

Midseason Meltdown?

njrexguy

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2007
I so want to be wrong. Ain't nothing going right here tonight.

Is something going on behind the scenes?

This is a must win game. And we look disorganized.

RU were pretenders and jokes from the start. We lost to St. Bonnie's. Only beat Seton Hall bc their best players were out.

Team is fulla bums. Period.

RU were pretenders and jokes from the start. We lost to St. Bonnie's. Only beat Seton Hall bc their best players were out.

I’m not happy with this effort tonight and agree that this looks like “same old Rutgers,” but “full of bums”? Really? Come on man

I’m not happy with this effort tonight and agree that this looks like “same old Rutgers,” but “full of bums”? Really? Come on man

I'm dead serious yes. Full. Of. Bums.

Yeboah is the only decent player and he is a grad transfer.

It’s not a meltdown. It’s called not being good enough

Teams have figured out that we can’t score unless we’re getting into the lane. Defenses are packing the lane and daring us to shoot.

We can’t shoot.

Go root for another team, you disgraceful idiot. This team has the most heart, and grit of any Rutgers team ever and we are experiencing one of those magical years and you call our players bums. They should all kick you ass and not stop when you beg them too. Go under a rock and give up posting

I'm dead serious yes. Full. Of. Bums.

Yeboah is the only decent player and he is a grad transfer.
Geo says hi. Myles too. He is a bad FT shooter but does everything else very well for a sophomore big man. 10 boards, three assists, credited with three blocks tonight. Caleb has a smooth shot, very solid sophomore guard. Etc.

Reactions: ChasRC69 and MV9000

Eh we beat shu because we were just better. We kicked the shit out of them, that one wasnt luck. That was men vs boys

Reactions: ChasRC69 and Scangg
I've said this many times. People should limit their stream-of-consciousness, sky-is-falling posts to the game threads, where over-reactions are expected. Starting highly negative threads and piling on in them, before the game is obviously over, is just friggin' stupid. Really bad look.

All teams struggles in this league, it's a tough game each night. You have to love this team's fight. Pike is bring a no quit culture to his program. No lead is secure, which teams are aware of and when we start to cut the score they keep looking at the score board. During this, the game starts to effect your play. Future recruits will buy into this philosophy and this will be our attitude to the end of time.

Reactions: FastMJ
The worse type of fans show up when things don't go well.

I wouldn't get on the original poster...frustrating game for 36+ minutes and a team that has not learned how to win before last year, got a taste of it and took some body blows vs Iowa and Penn State at home.

This is an important path, we are truly skipping steps in the process and now fans are becoming either entitled to think we deserve to win, or it's suddenly going to be easy.

Northwestern was in RUs situation 2 years ago....lots of youth learning on the fly.

this board is full of bums
There are pretend Rutgers fans on this site, including ones who use Rutgers references in their name. Whether football or basketball, they can’t wait for us to lose so they can attack the school. You usually don’t hear from them when we win or they will throw something in like “Well Rutgers won, but team xyz didn’t have Johnny Smith playing today.” Wish they would just go route for State Penn, Syracuse, Seton Hall, etc.

Reactions: FastMJ
Best advice regarding watching a game and not going as we would like or planned is stay away from the keyboard and/or phone

It was the middle of the game, getting pummeled by Northwestern at home by 18 after losing two inna row.. I was a buncha beers deep. Give it a rest. Searching threads for negative game-time comments hours after the win is just as childish as my in-game posts were. Drop it.

Reactions: RUforester72
It was the middle of the game, getting pummeled by Northwestern at home by 18 after losing two inna row.. I was a buncha beers deep. Give it a rest. Searching threads for negative game-time comments hours after the win is just as childish as my in-game posts were. Drop it.
Get help. Go to AA. You have not watched or rooted for this team all year. Root for someone else otherwise you will get your ass kicked

Get help. Go to AA. You have not watched or rooted for this team all year. Root for someone else otherwise you will get your ass kicked

What the hell are you talking about? I've watched every single game, and this was the first one where I've been that negative. It was a damn free message board on a Sunday night...let it go.

What the hell are you talking about? I've watched every single game, and this was the first one where I've been that negative. It was a damn free message board on a Sunday night...let it go.
You called our players bums. You are a message board , Twitter , jerk. Do you understand ? You were not just negative , you were the biggest asshole in the world. Hope you get it. Give a full apology to the team and your fellow posters that had to even see a post like that. It was disgusting.

You called our players bums. You are a message board , Twitter , jerk. Do you understand ? You were not just negative , you were the biggest asshole in the world. Hope you get it. Give a full apology to the team and your fellow posters that had to even see a post like that. It was disgusting.

I've scrolled through your posts, and this is all you seem to do. Go around calling out posters on a message board for in-game comments. I'm not on Twitter. You sound like a rambling 90 year old.

Get a life. You're not some beacon of morality. It's a sports board.

I believe that Il Lusciato was totally off in calling our players bums. That was really not classy at all. I have attended almost 15 practices this season already and I see these players up close each time. These guys are a wonderful group of guys who work extremely hard each day and represent RU in the right way and want to accomplish something very special for themselves, RU and all of our fans. They care so much for each other and our coaches. I am proud that they all represent RU so well.

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
I've scrolled through your posts, and this is all you seem to do. Go around calling out posters on a message board for in-game comments. I'm not on Twitter. You sound like a rambling 90 year old.

Get a life. You're not some beacon of morality. It's a sports board.

If it's just a sports board than you should be open to "taking it" just as much as you "give it". If you call a team of college athletes "bums" on a message board fan site for that program and then when challenged on it write.........

"I'm dead serious yes. Full. Of. Bums."

you should be prepared to be called out for it, especially after the team comes back from a major deficit to win at the end of the game.

If it's just a sports board than you should be open to "taking it" just as much as you "give it". If you call a team of college athletes "bums" on a message board fan site for that program and then when challenged on it write.........

"I'm dead serious yes. Full. Of. Bums."

you should be prepared to be called out for it, especially after the team comes back from a major deficit to win at the end of the game.

I was called out. It's the next day now. Enough already. Wasn't that serious. You people must be the same ones saying "sit down, I can't see" and still not wanting beer sales...chill out.

I was called out. It's the next day now. Enough already. Wasn't that serious. You people must be the same ones saying "sit down, I can't see" and still not wanting beer sales...chill out.

Pretty much everyone appears to be chill about this - you appear to be the one who is overly sensitive and deflecting by bating & attacking with inane comments such as the "You People" commentary in your post.

If you look at our last 6 games since we were ranked, it's remarkable how basically every single one was an agonizing ordeal, win or lose. Three home victories, two in which we blew huge leads and needed to hold on late, one in which we fell down by 18 and needed an improbable rally. Three road losses, in which we had the ball late in a one possession game but couldn't get the big bucket we needed.

Not sure what my point is other than that Big Ten basketball is effing hard work.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT