ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Teel's Expecations for the RU 2024 Football Season

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore

"Frankly when he got back, we might’ve been the worst team in all of college football. That’s not a joke. They just weren’t good."

I also see the same similarities 2006 (Good running game, good line, and good defense). The question will be the QB and the WRs. If they can get close to or at 60% pc% plus a schedule of teams likely not in the top 10, i don't see why we can't go 11-1 or 10-2. Is all about the QB and tre WRs.

I also see the same similarities 2006 (Good running game, good line, and good defense). The question will be the QB and the WRs. If they can get close to or at 60% pc% plus a schedule of teams likely not in the top 10, i don't see why we can't go 11-1 or 10-2. Is all about the QB and tre WRs.
Agree totally.....hopefully we get to enjoy a 2006 like season.

I posted this earlier in a different thread but here are the numbers

In 2006 we threw the ball and average of 22 times per game and ran the ball 38 times per game. In 2023 we threw the ball 22 times a game and ran the ball 39 times a game.

The difference was completions. We completed 12.7 per game for 164 yards in 2006 and 10.9 in 2023 for 137 yards.

There were 2-3 games we probably win in 2023 if we completed 2 more passes, especially some of the big hitters we missed.

Reactions: Knight Shift
We can and will hit those numbers.When Teel was just starting out,I was not fan of his.He was in full swing in'08 at the 'Ville game however.Td after Td .Great to watch
DAgree totally.....hopefully we get to enjoy a 2006 like season.
great that we don't play cinci and wva

Reactions: thegock
HERE WE GO with "Virginia Tech is the BIGGEST game of the season..." (Iseman's words, not Mike's...). Sorry but I just can't agree with this comment. At all. Is it a BIG game? Yes! It is IMPORTANT? Sure! Is it the "biggest game of the season??!!" No, no and NO, IMHO.

- it's on the road
- it's September (and only our 3rd game)
- we have 9 games after VT

and, most importantly: IT'S NOT A CONFERENCE GAME!!!

Now....COULD could a W in Blacksburg be a HUGE momentum builder, vault us close to a Top 25 ranking coming home to face Washington (who will likely be ranked), and have up primed for conference play? DAMN SKIPPY!!! But...there WILL BE BIGGER GAMES to play - win or lose - once we leave Blacksburg.

HERE WE GO with "Virginia Tech is the BIGGEST game of the season..." (Iseman's words, not Mike's...). Sorry but I just can't agree with this comment. At all. Is it a BIG game? Yes! It is IMPORTANT? Sure! Is it the "biggest game of the season??!!" No, no and NO, IMHO.

- it's on the road
- it's September (and only our 3rd game)
- we have 9 games after VT

and, most importantly: IT'S NOT A CONFERENCE GAME!!!

Now....COULD could a W in Blacksburg be a HUGE momentum builder, vault us close to a Top 25 ranking coming home to face Washington (who will likely be ranked), and have up primed for conference play? DAMN SKIPPY!!! But...there WILL BE BIGGER GAMES to play - win or lose - once we leave Blacksburg.
He said: "Arguably the biggest game of the season will be Sept. 21 at Virginia Tech, which received votes in the preseason poll."

Your arguably disagree. He got his intended effect!! 😜

But I do agree with you. Va Tech game can be a huge momentum builder or a buzz kill (at least for some fans). And conference games do matter more than a non-conference game.

Should Rutgers beat Washington, each game after the next win will become the most important game of the season. It's a moving target.

He said: "Arguably the biggest game of the season will be Sept. 21 at Virginia Tech, which received votes in the preseason poll."

Your arguably disagree. He got his intended effect!! 😜

But I do agree with you. Va Tech game can be a huge momentum builder or a buzz kill (at least for some fans). And conference games do matter more than a non-conference game.

Should Rutgers beat Washington, each game after the next win will become the most important game of the season. It's a moving target.
He did...lol...but I had to make my point, regardless of intent, of course!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT