ADVERTISEMENT

***Monday Practice Notes***

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
Spring practice is now a third of the way through and I asked Flood if there was any separation among the QBs and he said it was too early. He also said the scrimmages will be very telling but a decision may not come in the spring as to who the starter will be...An injury report will be released on Wednesday and Flood said it may affect the depth chart...I spoke with Robert martin afterward and he is up to 201 pounds, much more physical as he played last year around 191...I also spoke with Logan Lister who is down to 245. He told me he didn't feel completely healthy until January and last year was very tough having to watch practice every day...Dorian Miller told me that he really settled in quickly at the center position because he knows the offense so well. Derrick Nelson is still taking most first team snaps there but Miller could be a candidate there if needed...Players who caught my eye: Robert Martin, Darian Dailey, Blessuan Austin, Quentin Gause...Kareem Walker was at practice, but I did not see Naesir Upshur on the sidelines. Soph DT Fred Hansard was also there...more to come

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News