ADVERTISEMENT

More confirmation on the cheating in college BB

This Dawkins guy is bringing football into the subject too. Or did last week.

Given what’s come out on wiretaps and likely with more to follow, why did LSU reinstate Wade?

Given what’s come out on wiretaps and likely with more to follow, why did LSU reinstate Wade?
W-L record and even he's implicated , he won't be charged.
Expect Archie Miller to survive what's said about him.

EDIT : it's Sean who is the Arizona MBB HC , I meant to say .Not Archie ,who is Indiana's HC .
knightinaz pointed out my error .

Last edited:

Just so they have to pay his buyout so he doesn’t bring the whole school down if he starts talking.

It's Sean Miller not Archie
oops
My mistake and hopefully Archie runs the Hoosier program the right way.
Bending some rules maybe, but not breaking them or running Indiana's MBB program in an underhanded way like it seems his brother
did at the UofA.

Look fwd to this documentary being made on Netflix or an espn 30/30. Lol “Marty blazer” these names are perfect.

Probably because it is not a good idea to fire someone over what may or may not come out. It is better to wait until you are provided with real evidence of rule breaking. So far there are media reports of a conversation he had with some people who have either been found guilty in court or entered a guilty plea.

Occasionally there are false media reports. Sometimes reporters and newspapers win a Pulitzer Prize over false reporting. LSU may be taking the position of waiting to see evidence, not just an article written by, whoever broke the Javonte Smart news, before making a decision to fire its coach.

Keep in mind that before reinstating Wade, he met with his bosses at LSU & the NCAA. Javonte Smart also met with LSU and the NCAA and was reinstated. I can't imagine either of them being reinstated if the NCAA told LSU that they'd heard enough to levy punishments for Level I recruiting violations.

Or LSU may be taking the UNC approach. F*** the NCAA. We'll take our chances fighting them.

Probably because it is not a good idea to fire someone over what may or may not come out. It is better to wait until you are provided with real evidence of rule breaking. So far there are media reports of a conversation he had with some people who have either been found guilty in court or entered a guilty plea.

Occasionally there are false media reports. Sometimes reporters and newspapers win a Pulitzer Prize over false reporting. LSU may be taking the position of waiting to see evidence, not just an article written by, whoever broke the Javonte Smart news, before making a decision to fire its coach.

Keep in mind that before reinstating Wade, he met with his bosses at LSU & the NCAA. Javonte Smart also met with LSU and the NCAA and was reinstated. I can't imagine either of them being reinstated if the NCAA told LSU that they'd heard enough to levy punishments for Level I recruiting violations.

Or LSU may be taking the UNC approach. F*** the NCAA. We'll take our chances fighting them.
Russ,
wasn't one of the reasons Wade was suspended by LSU because of him refusing to meet with them right after the tape became public.
Seems like he was reinstated right after he relented and met with LSU officials

He met with school officials & NCAA officials.

He likely said "I don't know anything" and they had no choice but to reinstate him until there is proof that he cheated.

LSU could fire him at anytime but they'd have to pay him. If evidence comes out that he cheated they can terminate for cause & get off cheap

How about the $125,000 LSU paid (allegedly) to get Naz Reid? That news should be breaking soon.

Russ,
wasn't one of the reasons Wade was suspended by LSU because of him refusing to meet with them right after the tape became public.
Seems like he was reinstated right after he relented and met with LSU officials
Yes, sort of. That was one of the reasons. It may have been the only reason.

One correction however, the tape has not been made public, at least not to my knowledge. All I have ever seen are news reports on ESPN and articles written about it with a "transcript" provided by a source who was not named. We can all speculate on who sent a "transcript" to the media.

Many people, myself included, have reacted as if a recorded conversation between Coach Wade and Christian Dawkins that includes incriminating comments by Coach Wade exists, has been heard by LSU, the NCAA, lawyers and the judge in the current trial. If this recorded conversation does exist and the lawyers and the judge in the current trial have heard it I am puzzled why Coach Wade was issued a subpoena to testify in the trial. I'm no lawyer but that would seem a logical action to take.

Who made this transcript? I'd really like to know the answer to that one. Will the recording be played in court? I'd really like to know the answer to that one too.

Reactions: ruready07
Isn't there a trial going on where some of this stuff is now testimony under oath? Still not clear to me how Quinerly was eligible to play at Villanova last year. Appears to be quite a bit of evidence that Book Richardson paid the family to procure his services for U of A.

Reactions: SF88
Isn't there a trial going on where some of this stuff is now testimony under oath? Still not clear to me how Quinerly was eligible to play at Villanova last year. Appears to be quite a bit of evidence that Book Richardson paid the family to procure his services for U of A.
Book didn't plead guilty until after Villanova's season was over.

If the NCAA doesn't have evidence of impermissible benefits and someone doesn't admit to providing or receiving impermissible benefits then they can't rule someone ineligible.

It is one complete joke. This is dragging on and no one gets really punished. The NCAA just like with North Carolina will probably never do anything to any of those schools which had players or their families accepting money. They just close their eyes meanwhile they slam little schools for doing nothing half as bad.

Evidently a tape was played today at someone's trial where Book Richardson tells Dawkins that Miller is paying Ayton 10K per month while at U of A. Sounds like money was also allocated for Rawle Atkins. Book kept some of that. Dawkins seemed to be working with Book to get Ayton to sign with Dawkins as his representative. Of course none of this shocks me. If the rumors about how much Naz Reid was getting from LSU are true then the SEC pays much better. I wish the NCAA would clean this up in the harshest manner possible. Get these coaches and kids out of the system and let the NBA handle it with a development league. No evidence that will happen although the one and done will be gone soon.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT