ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Multiple Rutgers Basketball targets in newest Rivals Hoops rankings

Weird high school. Far from home. I wouldn't be too quick to judge a teenager without ANY of the details. I expect a kid from Senegal has some pressing needs from NIL. Hope Fall can see the level of our most recent centers and give RU a shot. My wish list is: Griffiths, Papa, Norman. I would feel getting any two (Grif + any other top 150) would be an embarrassment of riches.

Reactions: redking
we are going to need some Brinks gifs ASAP if we are talking this level

Fall was the “first student” at the school and they had 10 students. Hope he ends up somewhere legitimate for his sr yr
From the Denver Post regarding Fall...

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/07/24/baye-fall-assane-diop-accelerated-prep-basketball-recruiting/

Some excerpts:

"Colorado high school basketball stars Baye Fall and Assane Diop will join a new team this fall as two of the most sought-after recruits in the nation.

The elite pair of Class of 2023 prospects have enrolled at Denver-based Accelerated Schools, a nontraditional private program that has catered to individualized curriculum needs since 1974, according to its website. Fall and Diop will play for Accelerated Prep, powered by Accelerated Schools, in 2022-23. The first-year team will compete in national invitation tournaments and the Grind Session — a non-CHSAA national prep basketball circuit — while players take Accelerated Schools coursework toward NCAA eligibility.

“We can individualize the curriculum for every single student,” said Michelle Tuengel, executive director of Accelerated Schools. “We have a lot of flexibility, which is great if kids are needing to take some time off from school — whether that’s for social, medical, mental or athletic (reasons). We can adapt it around them. … It became a really great fit for these types of students.”

Fall and Diop are longtime AAU teammates with the Colorado Hawks. They won CHSAA state championships in 2020 for Lutheran (3A) and Belleview Christian (1A), respectively. Fall and Diop joined the Grind Session last year with Denver Prep Academy, however, each player left the team in February. DPA has since sold its gym and will not have enrollment next fall.

Greg Willis, longtime director of the Colorado Hawks, is a co-founder of Accelerated Prep with Jonathan Barnett, the CEO and President of Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning. Willis and Barnett previously worked together on DPA’s leadership team.

“Accelerated Schools loved the kids and they thought it would be a great opportunity because they didn’t have an athletics program,” said Willis, whose family hosts Fall and Diop, both Senegal natives. “It was such a great relationship. We came to an agreement that it would be a good fit for all of us.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT