ADVERTISEMENT

My 1st post

newwavedave1

All Conference
Feb 2, 2006
After lurking for years, I've decided to introduce myself and start posting. I graduated from Hackettstown H.S. with Abro and Fire in 1971. Roomed with Abro at RU. Moved to Wenatchee, Wa. in 1994 and retired from the Post Office 5 yrs ago. Long time fan and Ex Football and Basketball season ticket holder. I'm excited about our new AD, Football and BBall coaches, but am taking a wait and see attitude. Hope to see some of you guys and gals in Seattle this fall. Go RU and B1G!

Welcome. Washington State is not that far. You could make it to all the home games for football and basketball if you were a real fan!

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
Welcome, so what can you tell us about the huskies? What are they saying about RU?

Last edited:
I've was in Wenatchee in 1989 for somewhere around three minutes, possibly five.

Hey Dave. Welcome aboard. Remember meeting you with Abro and Fire tailgating on the grassy knoll some years back.

After lurking for years, I've decided to introduce myself and start posting. I graduated from Hackettstown H.S. with Abro and Fire in 1971. Roomed with Abro at RU. Moved to Wenatchee, Wa. in 1994 and retired from the Post Office 5 yrs ago. Long time fan and Ex Football and Basketball season ticket holder. I'm excited about our new AD, Football and BBall coaches, but am taking a wait and see attitude. Hope to see some of you guys and gals in Seattle this fall. Go RU and B1G!
Welcome aboard, NewWave. Tell us about this scene and it's connection to your handle.

RUtix4me said:
Great like ratio already, so here we go

Pork Roll or Taylor Ham?
Pork Roll.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UGRxi3l.gif

Welcome. Washington State is not that far. You could make it to all the home games for football and basketball if you were a real fan!
Attended the Penn State game two years ago along with a few other home games prior to that. Also saw us beat Washington State. If we can beat Washington, I will go crazy. Don't like most of their fans, as they still think they are a National Power after winning A National Title decades ago.

Dave and I spent many an afternoon at Patti's , OQT or even Somoygi's drinking beers and doing shots right after classes. Sometimes even during classes. Never missed a home game at the Barn, or a home football game either, and got all crazy like everyone else for Princeton week and weekend. Dave and I are friends of Mike Palko, also from Hackettstown , who turned down Princeton to play at RU, and wound up being behind James Bailey, but got to play in the Final 4 (Palko was a year younger than us). Dave, now if Fire can only figure out how to create a user name and password to come over here, lol.. He's tried several times. Way above his Tech skills. He's soon to be banned over there anyway.lol.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Welcome, so what can you tell us about the huskies? What are they saying about RU?
A team that is improving under the leadership of HC Doug Peterson from Boise State. Not hearing anything about the game, but I'm sure 99% of the fans consider us a pushover.

Dave and I spent many an afternoon at Patti's , OQT or even Somoygi's drinking beers and doing shots right after classes. Sometimes even during classes. Never missed a home game at the Barn, or a home football game either, and got all crazy like everyone else for Princeton week and weekend. Dave and I are friends of Mike Palko, also from Hackettstown , who turned down Princeton to play at RU, and wound up being behind James Bailey, but got to play in the Final 4 (Palko was a year younger than us). Dave, now if Fire can only figure out how to create a user name and password to come over here, lol.. He's tried several times. Way above his Tech skills. He's soon to be banned over there anyway.lol.
Did you come in second place in the New Wave dance contest?

Welcome to this site Dave. Spent lots of time in Wenatchee dealing with forest fires! I live in Bend. See you at the UDub game!

Go RU! [cheers]

Did you come in second place in the New Wave dance contest?

LOL ! i wasn't even there. Actually I'm not sure I've ever seen Dave ever dance. We've played in a whole bunch of Poker games however, and drank more beer and smoked more *^*^& than I care to remember.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa

For my 6,801st post, I say welcome!

LOL ! i wasn't even there. Actually I'm not sure I've ever seen Dave ever dance. We've played in a whole bunch of Poker games however, and drank more beer and smoked more *^*^& than I care to remember.
So I was on the right track with the Cheech and Chong excerpt. Phew--I was worried for a minute.

Welcome!

Stayed out in Wenatchee a couple years ago and took the shuttle to Oktoberfest in Leavenworth. Great area! Been wanting to come back in the winter for Mission Ridge and Stevens but haven't made it yet.

A team that is improving under the leadership of HC Doug Peterson from Boise State. Not hearing anything about the game, but I'm sure 99% of the fans consider us a pushover.

Thank you. As game time approaches it will be good to hear from you on how they regard the game.

Welcome to this site Dave. Spent lots of time in Wenatchee dealing with forest fires! I live in Bend. See you at the UDub game!

Go RU! [cheers]
I was up in AK last Summer doing the same thing.

3 other guys on the EA Type II Team were from Cook too. We had no idea since it was the first time going out for most of us with the Team.

I grew up in chester. My brother currently lives in leavenworth, and I have been through Wenatchee several times (land of the orhards.)

Welcome aboard.

are you not Newwavedave from a few years back?

You're a hack. Your opinions are worthless.

Cool. Now you have been broken in. Welcome.

Newwave,
The unofficial Irish RU fan board greeting:

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind always be upon your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until you meet the Holy Ghost,
May you always have more "likes" than "posts".

Adapted by Skillet, 2016.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT