ADVERTISEMENT

My fun road trip to Indiana!

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
Flew in on Tuesday night; dinner at St. Elmos. Very good meal. Stayed in Indianapolis. Drove early Wednesday to Bloomington and saw the campus and some of the sports venues. The baseball stadium was nice but looked much better to me on tv. I was able to go into the clubhouse and saw the locker room. The clubhouse and Locker room are right down the left field line. Definitely the same type of thing we can do at Rutgers. Their stadium seats and press box make the facility and again exactly what we can do at Bainton. They do have an amazing video scoreboard and extra large dugouts. It’s a very nice stadium. 330 in both left and right and 400 to dead center.

I wasn’t impressed with the football stadium and their practice fields are subpar. They have a similar version of the Rodkin Center for Athletes but it’s located inside the football stadium. I didn’t see an indoor football practice facility so not sure if they have one? Their college Ave is very nice and they have alot of sports bars. Lots of walking on campus.

As far as Assembly Hall; it’s a gorgeous facility and they basically redid it and put a nice facade on the front. Great scoreboard; extremely loud and definitely a Very difficult place to win. The game was great. Fans inside the arena and students very obnoxious. I did meet some fans in town who talked nicely about Pikiell and respect Ron Harper but once we were at the game; we saw their uglier side. Probably not much different for opponents coming into the RAC. In any case, probably my happiest and best road win ever as a fan. Drove back to Indianapolis after the game.

Our original plan was to wake up Thursday morning and drive to Champaign and see Illinois play Penn state in hoops and then fly home on Friday from Chicago. But instead, decided to stay in Indianapolis and attended the lady knights big 10 tourney game against Indiana in the afternoon and then headed to Lucas Oil stadium to watch Bo compete in the nfl combine. The ladies lost the game but I was happy to see that basketball arena. It’s a great venue for basketball and they did a nice job with the ladies tournament. I can clearly see why the Big 10 loves Indianapolis for the Big 10 tourney.

As far as the NFL combine; it was great to see Bo there and nice seeing the quarterbacks as well. The combine was just okay for me. Lucas oil Stadium was nice and built well. It’s just disappointing how every stadium i see is so superior to MetLife.

Woke up early on Friday; drove to Ohare and a very happy flight home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News