ADVERTISEMENT

My game observations

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
1. Has to feel good first win being a conference win.
2. Basically the defense pitched a shutout. Awesome job.
3. NW had TWELVE yards rushing!
4. We can argue Defense wins games or offensive wins games. Today depth on both sides of the ball won the game ( or at least played a huge part in it).
5, I love this team attitude. Player like Jude could have sulked over losing his starting job…..instead boomed every kick
6. Thankfully we did not know about Brown or Young until 2 hours before or this board would have been in meltdown mode😉 Nice job by Kyle and tHe freshmen along with the OL. Sure no big runs but we moved the sticks and had a huge advantage in time of possession.
7. Props to any player on the field. Wife and I were under an overhang and only got the sun during the end of the 3rd quarter. Not sure I have ever been so hot during a game.
8. FIVE sacks from FIVE different players, FIVE pass break ups and I believe 8 TFLs. Not only did we CHOP wood but we layed the wood.
9. Remind me again why Strong was a TWO star recruit!
10. Already a man crush on Kirk. Down his top 2 RBs he called a game that was clearly catered for Gavin. Also Greg said we still did not show everything. Getting a B1G win while stay not playing your hand……me likey.
11. Huge stop on the punt fake but also bonehead by on NW part. Run past the sticks on the route.
12. Student section deserves credit ( glad Greg pointed that out). Hot Sunday 12 PM game. They showed up and were loud.
13. Few penalties

Enjoy the win and look forward to seeing many of you Saturday Night

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News