ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA ruling

I think the recruiting restrictions stink. Why self-impose this? Of course the NCAA wouldn't lighten anything self-imposed. Thanks Barchi.

I think the recruiting restrictions stink. Why self-impose this? Of course the NCAA wouldn't lighten anything self-imposed. Thanks Barchi.

Oh you mean the guy that fired our terrible AD and buffoon of a head coach? And went out and hired the best AD we've ever had, and a young HC with a ton of promise?

Yeah, you're right - thank you Barchi!

A limit of 36 football official visits during 2017-18, a reduction of four from the average number of visits used during the four most recent years and 26 fewer than permitted by NCAA rules (self-imposed by the university).
Oh you mean the guy that fired our terrible AD and buffoon of a head coach? And went out and hired the best AD we've ever had, and a young HC with a ton of promise?

Or the guy that failed to monitor said head coach. Oh yeh, Barchi did hire Hermann..

Most striking to me is the apparent fact that our official visits average far less than the total permitted by the NCAA.

What would be interesting is to see what is the average of all schools.

We generally have done our OV's after the season in over, by then most of the class is committed. So if we have 20 OV's from commits, it leaves another 20 for other recruits.

We should all be relieved. The NCAA basically took all of our recommendations on self-imposed restrictions and added one year of probation. That's nothing. Now, UNC is another story that never seems to get resolved. Oh what a surprise.

I still can't believe I defended the Kyle/Julie clown show for so long.

th

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I still can't believe I defended the Kyle/Julie clown show for so long.

th
DON'T lump Julie into it. She had her hands tied at the time by Barchi. She had her own issues and problems, but I know for a fact that dear ol' Kyle did it all on his own.

Reactions: ChasRC69
DON'T lump Julie into it. She had her hands tied at the time by Barchi. She had her own issues and problems, but I know for a fact that dear ol' Kyle did it all on his own.

What I remember was that the athletic department was responsible for ensuring that penalties for failed drug tests were enforced. So that falls on Julie.

Reactions: knightfan7

Did the "ton of promise" determination include some kind of time line for winning Big Ten football games?

What I remember was that the athletic department was responsible for ensuring that penalties for failed drug tests were enforced. So that falls on Julie.
Are you TRYING to be argumentative with me PA? Julie was caught up in a quagmire of politics and had her hands tied by Barchi. I know this for a fact. Yes, she had her major faults beginning from day one when she took the job. But everything positive you see now, was already immpletmented by Julie when Hobbs took over. She had to clean up Pernetti's mess, and his mess was huge. She actually turned our athletic department into a real athletic department.

Yes, it's true that she failed at key compliance issues, but she was castigated by most here from the moment she stepped on Rutgers campus.

Are you TRYING to be argumentative with me PA? Julie was caught up in a quagmire of politics and had her hands tied by Barchi. I know this for a fact. Yes, she had her major faults beginning from day one when she took the job. But everything positive you see now, was already immpletmented by Julie when Hobbs took over. She had to clean up Pernetti's mess, and his mess was huge. She actually turned our athletic department into a real athletic department.

Yes, it's true that she failed at key compliance issues, but she was castigated by most here from the moment she stepped on Rutgers campus.

That was all I was pointing out.

And don't forget that she wanted to dump Flood, but got no support from the administration or boosters.

Reactions: brgRC90 and RU MAN

If Julie's hands were tied it probably related to one or more of her sexual harassment suits before she got here...or was a chapter from Shades of Gray.

MO

Last edited:
Couple points, Rutgers didnt invent players getting laid on their OV's by hostesses and it didn't start with Flood. Failed drug test also not unique especially marijuana. Rutgers is on the tame side when it comes to cheating even back then.

And with that The Flood Error is finally over.

Good riddens!

I was going to say some things along that same line. With this investigation completed and a decision rendered, that's one less cloud hanging over our head. A part of me feels a bit empty now as I have one less thing to blame and/or complain about Flood now.

The ghost of Elmer Fludd jumps up. Oh and as one of the few people who opposed his hire from the start and was called every name in the book I just want to say told you so.

Barchi is the Bozo here even if there were problems. He just doesn't or didn't get it. Now all of a sudden he may appear to be ther good guy. When was the ladt time he took time out to stop for a positive visit to practice. Mason Gross, Ed Bloustein and even Dick McCormick would occassionaly find time to walk over from the nearby president's house to pratice. Not Barchi! From what I am told he doesn't even reside there but comes up daily from his home in the South Jersey/Penn. Maybe he's been to FB practice once.

Reactions: bac2therac
Barchi is the Bozo here even if there were problems. He just doesn't or didn't get it. Now all of a sudden he may appear to be ther good guy. When was the ladt time he took time out to stop for a positive visit to practice. Mason Gross, Ed Bloustein and even Dick McCormick would occassionaly find time to walk over from the nearby president's house to pratice. Not Barchi! From what I am told he doesn't even reside there but comes up daily from his home in the South Jersey/Penn. Maybe he's been to FB practice once.
I often thought we should move that Presidents house somewhere away from the stadium and use that land for a hotel or something.

I often thought we should move that Presidents house somewhere away from the stadium and use that land for a hotel or something.

They should put it back on the hill where it used to be, where a parking lot now stands with a marker telling people about Alexander Hamilton. Old prints of Rutgers show Old Queens, the chapel and the President's House, and it fits.
Not sure about a hotel on the other site, but yeah, the president should live on the hill.

Ha I love this myth. Hobbs was Christie's boy. Barchi still doesnt know where the stadium is.

Reactions: bac2therac
I was going to say some things along that same line. With this investigation completed and a decision rendered, that's one less cloud hanging over our head. A part of me feels a bit empty now as I have one less thing to blame and/or complain about Flood now.

Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. We will get back to going to bitching about our bowl picks before you know it.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT