ADVERTISEMENT

New Ron Harper Jr. Don Bosco Video

Higs, I haven't seen him live just videos. Not sure exactly how tall he is, have seen him listed at 6'4" to 6'6". He appears to be able to do most things well. He can see the floor, rebounds, and can shoot. But its tough to go just by video highlights. If he is on the lower end, 6'4" not sure how much inside game he will be able to have in college. I really look forward to him and the other recruits getting in next season along with Kiss and the development of returning players. We should have more depth, especially at the 2/3, still would love to see a true point guard come on board.

Has a nice fundamental game. I could see him struggling with the athleticism in the B10 early on though.

Higs, I haven't seen him live just videos. Not sure exactly how tall he is, have seen him listed at 6'4" to 6'6". He appears to be able to do most things well. He can see the floor, rebounds, and can shoot. But its tough to go just by video highlights. If he is on the lower end, 6'4" not sure how much inside game he will be able to have in college. I really look forward to him and the other recruits getting in next season along with Kiss and the development of returning players. We should have more depth, especially at the 2/3, still would love to see a true point guard come on board.
I agree. Well say he is 6 5 t. I like his game. Couple full games on YouTube I have watched bits of if you have the time. Like you said, he can do all three main facets well.

I agree. Well say he is 6 5 t. I like his game. Couple full games on YouTube I have watched bits of if you have the time. Like you said, he can do all three main facets well.

As stated by others, he will have to get in peak condition and work hard on the defensive side in order to earn minutes.

Reactions: higgins3
The nice thing is that he'll have his dad in his corner, and not someone just blowing smoke. His dad knows what it takes to improve and compete, having done it at a high level - he's not an "handler" hype man who is more about sizzle than steak.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
The nice thing is that he'll have his dad in his corner, and not someone just blowing smoke. His dad knows what it takes to improve and compete, having done it at a high level - he's not an "handler" hype man who is more about sizzle than steak.
Ah yes...Lavar "Don King" Ball?

Ah yes...Lavar "Don King" Ball?

He's one example, but I was more referring to the various AAU handlers that tell kids they're gods among men, or "uncles" who know better than the coaches about how much playing time they should be getting, or whatever.

Ron Harper knows what it takes to work and improve through four years of college to get yourself ready for the NBA - and knows the level of talent/skill it takes to succeed in the NBA (and win 5 rings). He's a much more "real" voice for RHJr than what a lot of these kids have chirping at them from the wings.

Harper = Earl Pettis? Took Pettis a few years and, of course, by the time he figured it out, he had transferred to LaSalle...

We just have to be patient...the only quick way would have been gaining a few transfers from Power programs...such as the Martin twins that went to Nevada...

We have to grind this out...

My question to everybody is ... what is Harper good at?

His body isn't anywhere near college shape, so I see a redshirt coming, and it's up to him to determine if he wants to go the Myles Johnson route or the Matt Bullock route. He's just an average to average-plus shooter (he's no sharpshooter). Decent size if he's a 2, short if he's a 3. He doesn't seem like a Mike Williams in terms of rebounding. He doesn't have elite athleticism. He definitely has some good basketball IQ judging off his pedigree and just watching the tapes, and he's a hard working kid.

Again, I am not a fan of the negativity on the boards, but I'm just not seeing it with this kid (yet). For the sake of the program, I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: kcg88

His body isn't anywhere near college shape, so I see a redshirt coming, and it's up to him to determine if he wants to go the Myles Johnson route or the Matt Bullock route. He's just an average to average-plus shooter (he's no sharpshooter). Decent size if he's a 2, short if he's a 3. He doesn't seem like a Mike Williams in terms of rebounding. He doesn't have elite athleticism. He definitely has some good basketball IQ judging off his pedigree and just watching the tapes, and he's a hard working kid.

Again, I am not a fan of the negativity on the boards, but I'm just not seeing it with this kid (yet). For the sake of the program, I hope I'm wrong.

Right now, through 11 games at Don Bosco, he's averaging 18.5 ppg, 3.7 rb... up from 10.1, 1.5 last year. Can't find any stats on shooting percentages, though.

His height is somewhat murky.... I've seen him listed everywhere from 6-4 to 6-6. 247 has him listed at 6-6, 200.

I'm with you. It's getting pretty old taking players with little or no high-major offers/interest. Especially taking them in the early signing period.

Yeah, you'll get some Bakers and Omoruyis this way, but we've seen Baker struggle in the B1G and Omoruyi is still a major work-in-progress offensively. It also means you get stuck with some Bullocks and Mensahs tying up scholarships.

Say what you will about Chris Mullin's coaching ability but he got transfers from Arizona, Michigan State, and Tennessee and I just read today that they're in the mix for a 5* from California.

He looks really out of shape. Strength and conditioning will be huge for him. He has some long arms which will let him play bigger than his height. Defense looked lazy. He's a project for sure.

Reactions: AD888
Yeah, you'll get some Bakers and Omoruyis this way, but we've seen Baker struggle in the B1G and Omoruyi is still a major work-in-progress offensively.

I would be very happy if Harper is as good as Baker and Omoruyi - both of whom have a big upside.

Young man needs to shed weight but if he puts in the work can be a solid contributor towards winning BIG conference games.

GO RU

Right now, through 11 games at Don Bosco, he's averaging 18.5 ppg, 3.7 rb... up from 10.1, 1.5 last year. Can't find any stats on shooting percentages, though.

His height is somewhat murky.... I've seen him listed everywhere from 6-4 to 6-6. 247 has him listed at 6-6, 200.
6'6" 200 plus what? I don't outweight Harper, Jr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT