ADVERTISEMENT

Next Ford CEO - RU Grad

RuLaw2004

Senior
Feb 10, 2004
Mark Fields, RU grad, is slated to assume the CEO role at Ford.

Do we have a sense for his relationship and history of giving to RU?

Back when I got to drive university vehicles as a student most of them came from Dayton Ford.

My understanding is that he is an active donor and has a good relationship with the university. The depth of the relationship I'm not sure but he's certainly not overlooked or disconnected from Rutgers.

I got an email from RU today about the new inductees into the Rutgers Hall of Distinguished Alumni that noted that Goldman Sachs's newly appointed CFO, Harvey Schwartz, is an RU alumnus. Some really big bucks there. The last Goldman CFO made $16 million a year in total compensation. There's a guy who could certainly fund a few scholarships for RU. Let's hope Mr. Schwartz is well connected to the university.

Originally posted by Scarlet Pride:
My understanding is that he is an active donor and has a good relationship with the university. The depth of the relationship I'm not sure but he's certainly not overlooked or disconnected from Rutgers.
Mine too. The name rang a bell as soon as I saw it.

I always check the proxy statements on my portfolio for NEOs and Directors of the companies I own with a RU connection.

I am not a Ford stockholder yet but maybe I'll pick up a few shares now. LOL

Originally posted by Scarlet Pride:
I believe Schwartz has an endowed scholarship to the tune of $1 million plus and hopefully will do much more over the years.
That's great to hear!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT