ADVERTISEMENT

Nice 4 game HS slate at Brookdale CC today

Some great games at Brookdale CC today with Manasquan winning in OT over CBA 42-40, St Rose beating St. Benedicts in double OT 52-48 and RBC upsetting Red Bank 53-51. The only blowout was College Achieve Asbury Park beating Gill St. Bernard 72-54. Saw Mike Rice there all day as part of The Hoops Group. I haven't the foggiest idea what he could possibly earn running camps for this organization but he seemed very energetic. I always liked him and feel this guy deserves another shot at D1 basketball. I find it very odd he hasn't gotten another chance.

Chris Mullin wanted to hire him to Coach the Defense at St. John's. The Administration wouldn't allow it. That was actually the beginning of the end for Mullin as HC but of course it would've ended anyway.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Some great games at Brookdale CC today with Manasquan winning in OT over CBA 42-40, St Rose beating St. Benedicts in double OT 52-48 and RBC upsetting Red Bank 53-51. The only blowout was College Achieve Asbury Park beating Gill St. Bernard 72-54. Saw Mike Rice there all day as part of The Hoops Group. I haven't the foggiest idea what he could possibly earn running camps for this organization but he seemed very energetic. I always liked him and feel this guy deserves another shot at D1 basketball. I find it very odd he hasn't gotten another chance.
He so deserves another shot. Guy could coach.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
He so deserves another shot. Guy could coach.
I agree 100%. I even remember reading an article that he took anger management classes. He went back to the lowest level of coaching and found his love again, the teaching aspect. Way before he got into this Hoops Group, he started coaching his kids in rec basketball. Hope I see him on the sidelines again as a HC. Maybe even do a guest appearance on SNL throwing basketballs at the actress that did that hilarious bit about him. Take it full circle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT