ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Women’s Lacrosse Begins Four-Game Homestand Sunday with Oregon

All Oregon has is physicality. RU is dominating 5-1.

2 yellows and multiple green cards already.

10-2 now.

Oregon is slow. Only have one player with any speed.

Oregon is 4-0 but have not played any good teams.

Reactions: Wagram97
Nice win by the Scarlet Knights and tons of back-ups got to play a lot of minutes in the 2nd half. Now it gets extremely hard going forward.

Does Oregon have a men's team in lacrosse? I was surprised to see them on the women's schedule this year and wonder if they will play a B1G conference schedule next year or if they are even obligated to do so. Lacrosse is a pretty expensive non-revenue sport to be transporting the team most of the way across the country several times each season.

Does Oregon have a men's team in lacrosse? I was surprised to see them on the women's schedule this year and wonder if they will play a B1G conference schedule next year or if they are even obligated to do so. Lacrosse is a pretty expensive non-revenue sport to be transporting the team most of the way across the country several times each season.
Announcers were saying they are looking forward to the Big 10 schedule and there will be no difference in their travel due to not a lot of teams out west. I believe they are playing 3 teams on the east coast during this trip. Announcers said their coach believes exposure to the east coast will only benefit them by raising their level of play and potential access to east coast recruits.

Announcers were saying they are looking forward to the Big 10 schedule and there will be no difference in their travel due to not a lot of teams out west. I believe they are playing 3 teams on the east coast during this trip. Announcers said their coach believes exposure to the east coast will only benefit them by raising their level of play and potential access to east coast recruits.
I expect us to go to the West Coast once a year to play USC or Oregon and the other come east every year to face us. B1G Women's Lax will be an even bigger bear next year with a good USC team coming in and an Oregon team that I'd expect to quickly strengthen once exposed to the rich recruiting areas of the East Coast and Midwest. I believe USC is building a new lax stadium as well.

Women's lax stays ranked at #22 this week but PSU fell out of the rankings. Need to start this gauntlet off correctly and beat the Nits at home next week.

Oregon does not have an NCAA Div 1 men's lacrosse team. No Pac-12 school does. They have a men's lacrosse club team that plays in some Northwest-specific athletic conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT