ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Women’s Lacrosse Loses Tough Matchup at No. 23 Princeton

We still have to get over the hump; we were down 12-7 going into the 4th so we have a lot of room for improvement

We played great the first 10 minutes, jumping out to a 4-1 lead. But then we didn’t score for over 17 minutes, and Princeton went on a 6-0 run, and a 10-2 run through the 3rd quarter.

Once we went down 10-6, the game was over. Princeton pushed to 12-6 in the 4th quarter. We went on a little 3-0 run to close to 12-9, but couldn’t get any closer.

Princeton is good though. Their offense is pretty skilled, and their goalie stood on her head with 16 or 17 saves and was stoning our attack most of the night.

So not a “bad” loss, but a disappointing one nonetheless.

Reactions: Wagram97
Princeton's goalie stood on her head. We basically played Princeton to a draw outside of that if you look at the numbers. Sometimes you run into a hot goalie. It happens.

Princeton's goalie stood on her head. We basically played Princeton to a draw outside of that if you look at the numbers. Sometimes you run into a hot goalie. It happens.
I felt like Princeton had a more dynamic attack. We were struggling to get open looks for much of the night, and many of the Princeton GK’s saves were on kind of weak shots, though I agree she was stoning us.

In contrast, I thought Sophia Cardello had a bad game. She let up 13 goals on 24 SOGs, which is a save percentage of just 45.8%, and at one point in the 2nd quarter, PU had 7 goals on 9 shots. She had a better 4th quarter, but by then it was too late.

Anyway, not a bad loss by any stretch against a good team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT