ADVERTISEMENT

Football OC Kirk Ciarrocca + DC Joe Harasymiak extended

I imagine that the move to retain Harasymiak was critical as he was actually being discussed (and interviewed for?) HC positions elsewhere. This can, at least, keep him here for another year .. or two .. until he's mentioned again as a HC candidate.

One thing people have forgotten about our OC Kirk Ciarrocca . The guy just finished year 1 in that position.

Reactions: eddynyse
One thing people have forgotten about our OC Kirk Ciarrocca . The guy just finished year 1 in that position.

Exactly.
So why an extension already?

Want to say "the terrible offense wasn't his fault - it was the players".
Okay - so then why extend him?
That's an excuse to not fire him - not to extend.

Exactly.
So why an extension already?

Want to say "the terrible offense wasn't his fault - it was the players".
Okay - so then why extend him?
That's an excuse to not fire him - not to extend.
Think about what others out there are making . Kirk’s salary is right in line with some and behind others. It’s about keeping consistency and reward here. Based upon our recent past… Rutgers showed vast improvements in the OL and running game . Much of that is due to Flats and Kirk boding as a offensive tandem.

Harasymiak I get. Kirk makes no sense. He is not at risk of going anywhere way too premature. Not a head coaching candidate (g5,FCS)at his current pay level and would not be on the radar for OC at power conference.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Position coaches and coordinators have tremendous turnover.
I always read-up on coach resumes and they show nomadic lifestyles - a couple years here and there over and over. RU paying for some stability at this time can be a good thing. I remember times when RU players were getting new coaches and coordinators every year. Coach KC has been on five teams the past ten years

Coach KC:

1990–1991Temple (GA)
1992Western Connecticut State (PGC/WR)
1993Delaware Valley (PGC/WR)
1994–1995Western Connecticut State (OC/QB/WR)
1996–1999Princeton (WR)
2000–2001Penn (WR)
2002–2007Delaware (OC/QB)
2008–2010Rutgers (co-OC/QB)
2011Richmond (QB)
2012Delaware (RB)
2013–2016Western Michigan (OC/QB)
2017–2019Minnesota (OC/QB)
2020Penn State (OC/QB)
2021West Virginia (OA)
2022Minnesota (OC/QB)
2023–presentRutgers (OC/QB)

Think about what others out there are making . Kirk’s salary is right in line with some and behind others. It’s about keeping consistency and reward here. Based upon our recent past… Rutgers showed vast improvements in the OL and running game . Much of that is due to Flats and Kirk boding as a offensive tandem.
What players were you specifically calling out. OL, RB ? Maybe WR… QB? It was done for reasons you can’t understand or refuse to accept. Admit it… you don’t like Schiano … you think every decision made is stupid when it involves $$$$…though it probably hasn’t and doesn’t impact you at all. See , one thing I do know is simple at RU. We many great people who support and help Rutgers monetarily … we also after 50 + years understand there are still many who are appear offended by a coaches contract when it ‘s really not up to them. Fact : you can voice your concerns or displeasure with a decision but it doesn’t mean anyone is listening. No matter what Greg Schiano and this athletic administration does it is never will be the right choice for some.

Harasymiak I get. Kirk makes no sense. He is not at risk of going anywhere way too premature. Not a head coaching candidate (g5,FCS)at his current pay level and would not be on the radar for OC at power conference.
Wrong … he could easily say “ I’m done.”

Wrong … he could easily say “ I’m done.”
Not sure how I’m wrong

So the risk is someone quitting not being seduced to leave? And I am not sure I would ever want an employee especially a coordinator whose only motivation is money. So you agree we weren’t at risk of losing him. Only risk was him walking away from his biggest payday and saying he’s done. Gotcha.

He’s not going to start over again I agree but Kirk did say he was coming because of his respect for Schiano and viceversa. How did you determine he doesn’t just walk away “ from his huge payday.” Perhaps not but we were able to reward those two Oc guys both pretty solid hires and liked by the players and future recruits . That does actually count for something.

He’s not going to start over again I agree but Kirk did say he was coming because of his respect for Schiano and viceversa. How did you determine he doesn’t just walk away “ from his huge payday.” Perhaps not but we were able to reward those two Oc guys both pretty solid hires and liked by the players and future recruits . That does actually count for something.
How did you determine that walking away is an option. Logically it makes no sense.

You said I was “Wrong … he could easily say “ I’m done.”

So your solution to someone saying I don’t want to be here any longer “I’m done” is to extend them? And keep them in a place they don’t want to be?

I get loyalty but it goes both ways. If the offense shots the bed next year. Now we are stuck with his contract while we look for a replacement.

OC KC raised his salary to exceed the results of our recent past.
That's what the money is for. To succeed over the prior OCs who made less.

He was expected to do better from the beginning.

Also, so what if he said "I'm done".
Is he that irreplaceable?
Why do you not trust HC Schiano to attract a comparable if not better OC?

Man I thought you were smart . He could if he needed too … that I believe wholeheartedly. A) Schiano trusts Ciarrocca B ) Schiano wants stability C ) Kirk and Flats work hand in hand D) We now have all the above plus the players Believe and Trust these OCDC coaches. Pretty much if Kirk wanted to leave he is able to do so. You have absolutely NO clue when you say, ” who else is going to hire him ? “ simply wrong and uninformed . People often have criticized others on here for defending Greg, Staff AD and players and yet they make posts out of no actual proof. How many years have you spent coaching sports above high school?

Position coaches and coordinators have tremendous turnover.
I always read-up on coach resumes and they show nomadic lifestyles - a couple years here and there over and over. RU paying for some stability at this time can be a good thing. I remember times when RU players were getting new coaches and coordinators every year. Coach KC has been on five teams the past ten years

Coach KC:

1990–1991Temple (GA)
1992Western Connecticut State (PGC/WR)
1993Delaware Valley (PGC/WR)
1994–1995Western Connecticut State (OC/QB/WR)
1996–1999Princeton (WR)
2000–2001Penn (WR)
2002–2007Delaware (OC/QB)
2008–2010Rutgers (co-OC/QB)
2011Richmond (QB)
2012Delaware (RB)
2013–2016Western Michigan (OC/QB)
2017–2019Minnesota (OC/QB)
2020Penn State (OC/QB)
2021West Virginia (OA)
2022Minnesota (OC/QB)
2023–presentRutgers (OC/QB)
Why did he leave Rutgers in 2010 ?

OC KC raised his salary to exceed the results of our recent past.
That's what the money is for. To succeed over the prior OCs who made less.

He was expected to do better from the beginning.

Also, so what if he said "I'm done".
Is he that irreplaceable?
Why do you not trust HC Schiano to attract a comparable if not better OC?
Suggest you watch Richie’s Schiano Bowl / Recruit/ Program video. If that doesn’t show you why many many people respect and like Schiano well then I feel sorry for you. Very open , relaxed and honestly spoke confidently about this team. There is nothing like a win …better than a loss. As he tells the reporters: He made a boneheaded decision 12 years ago. Some of those losses might never had occurred. Also he explains about the OC and DC why it is important going forward . Wish a few others understood why some “ old angry or blustery posters” support Greg Schiano.

Reactions: Kbee3
Why did he leave Rutgers in 2010 ?

That was the epic meltdown year.
RU lead D1 in sacks allowed - couldn't run or pass.
Savage thing turned bitter.
EL got hurt and season tanked
Sanu was only thing that worked and he was hurt too.
Fans hated KC and Greg defended him until KC had to walk the plank like Gleeson.
RU 2010 was about the worst season I ever saw a D1 team have

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT