ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL HOBOKEN GAME WATCH PARTY DETAILS FOR 2017

ScarletKid2008

All American
Sep 8, 2006
Bergen County, NJ
Thanks to @AreYouNUTS we now have a new home for RUTGERS FOOTBALL game watch parties in HOBOKEN .. and that home is THE TALLY HO SALOON at 215 Washington Street.

Below is the atmosphere and specials you can expect as a Rutgers fan:

Atmosphere:

• Game shown on 110" projection screen
  • Plus most of the (21) 42" TV's throughout the bar
  • Music to be played during timeouts and half-time (no listening to commercials)
  • Staff will be dressed in Scarlet
  • We'll have RU decor, flags, bar will be lit in red lights, etc.
  • Working on getting giveaways and a raffle item for the season

Drink Specials:
  • $10 for ANY pitcher of beer (this includes Shocktop, Goose Island, Sweetwater, Yeungling, Bud Light, Coors Light)
  • $10 pitchers of Mimosas, Manmosas, or Sangria (Red, White, Rose)
  • $5 "Bubbly" Pops (Bellini, Mimosa, Rose)
  • $5 well drinks AND Jack drinks
  • $3 "Scarlet" Shots whenever RU scores
Additional Bar Features/Entertainment

- (1) corn hole set
- (1) shuffleboard
- (2) dart boards
- (3-4) beer pong tables

All of this will be kicked-off this Saturday for the game vs Nebraska and will continue for every HOME & AWAY game remaining for 2017. If attendance is good and interest is there, we can consider doing this for a select few basketball games as well.

ADDITIONAL PROMOTION FOR THIS WEEK !
  • Any fans who attend the College Gameday event in Times Sq and show a picture of themselves at Gameday with a RU sign (also mentioning Tally Ho) will receive a FREE DRAFT BEER & SHOT.
Spread the word: We will be working with the RUAA to list this as one of the official game watch parties which is included in a weekly email blast to RU alumni.

TALLY HO SALOON
215 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
http://tallyhoboken.com/

@ScarletKid2008 - glad to help and I'll always be here but it's your time to shine!

Guys and Gals - this is a solid spot, with GREAT specials, and I'm glad we've hooked them! This has ALL the makings for a FUN atmosphere and will hopefully draw a fresh group of favs and faces to the party.

Excellent location, as well, on Washington between 2nd and 3rd!! That being said their "kitchen" - which was Planet Mac-N-Cheese next door - has just closed its doors (owner, a buddy of mine, got an offer he couldn't refuse...)...this, however, IS NOT an issue!! If you're planning to eat or decide to, while you're there, all are more than welcome to bring whatever you'd like with you, have delivered, or simply order out to go pick up and bring back to the bar. Obviously there are an absolute boatload of places within a block, so no worries there whatsoever!!

Kickoff at 3:30 and GAME SOUND throughout the bar BUT the party starts when you arrive!!

NUTS

Oh yeah those of you who used to live here (or not), but moved out and haven't been back, this is the site of the former "Bahama Mamas"!!!

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Oh yeah those of you who used to live here (or not), but moved out and haven't been back, this is the site of the former "Bahama Mamas"!!!
That is great! I was actually going to jokingly recommend Bahama Mamas in another thread, but couldn't remember the name so I went to Rogos.

Looks like a great deal. Great work!

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Any of these downtown bars are a great option. Just curious, will they be hanging a flag outside of the bar as well? Good exposure right in the middle of downtown.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Any of these downtown bars are a great option. Just curious, will they be hanging a flag outside of the bar as well? Good exposure right in the middle of downtown.

They have told us they will hang a flag both outside the bar and inside. I believe they have to purchase and install the flag pole for the outdoor. And they said they'll hang one inside as well. Not sure if either or both will be done by Sat this week, but by next week for sure (I hope).

Reactions: NotInRHouse

The GM has already approved us hanging our flag both inside and out. They currently are not properly equipped to do so outside, but she said she would get it done for us, if not this week then hopefully next week for sure.

Ideally I'd like to have two flags flying outside: a "Block R" flag and a "B1G" one.

REQUEST;

Those of you who live in town - or don't - and are friends with bar owners, restaurants, or just plain old store owners, reach out to either myself or @ScarletKid2008 as we love your help in trying to get as many "Block R" flags up as possible throughout town.

I'd really like to know what happened to the flag that I gave to Black Bear, which was hanging in there for a while, but has since been replaced by a - [sick] - Villanova one.

Last edited:

Haha! Yeah, thanks...this was actually the question that popped in my head since I didn't recognize the bar (and haven't made it to the downtown side that often anymore).

I thought bars in NJ can't be open unless they sell food? Just curious.

I heard this morning on the Sirius satellite college football show with Neuheisel and Childers, that Neuheisel just moved into Hoboken. Maybe he will show up at the watch party.

Definitely a thing but I think there are ways around it based on license class.
it has nothing to do with the liquor licence though. just if there are zoning restrictions put in place by the municipality (as in all establishments on Washington street must be a restaurant...and follow definition of what they consider a restaurant). However there is nothing alcohol / liquor license wise that says a bar must serve food.

Reactions: Zak57
Though I won't be there.. the idea of BYOF (food) from all the choices in Hoboken is interesting. Hope you all have a great time!

There are laminated menus, with our specials, already at the bar! Unfortunately I've been with clients and haven't been able to get over there yet to put the flags up, sorry guys!

Nuts

How many people showed up and how were the drinks, service and atmosphere?

I got stuck helping a neighbor a minor plumbing issue so I picked up a 12 pack of Bud and watched the game at home.

There was a pretty sizeable crowd and I think Tally made a nice buck yesterday.

If we could be competitive in the remaining games (big if) I'm sure they will want us back.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
- crowd was good. Not great, good, but a lot going against us: didn't start marketing until 3 days prior, wasn't marketed through the Alumni Association (rest of season will be), and absolutely beautiful weather (I know at least 3 groups that went to their shore houses instead...)

- bartenders were FANTASTIC! Easily the best/most personable/quickest-moving group I can ever recall having for our parties! Did a GREAT job with the music/game back-and-forth as well. Thanks to AJ and Heather for GETTING IT DONE yesterday!

- not a single complaint that they don't have a kitchen and plenty of people brought their own/had delivered

- all specials delivered as promised (I strongly suggest the red sangria pitchers for $10...and let me know how you feel after 2 of them LOL!)

- waiting to hear back from GM as to the staff's thoughts (I'll check in with her later today)

- I was able to get RU stuff all over the bar, prior to most arriving, and think people loved it; will have the flag "situation" remedied ASAP that's on me!

- 1 fan "Alex" - IIRC - great guy and fan (I assume he posts here), was rewarded with a free draft and shot for showing a pic of himself at Game Day in Times Square! Hit me up buddy you could be a big help moving forward.

We're going to keep working to make these viewing parties "events," along with the help of the AA and others, in an effort to get the crowds back to what were like in the past, regardless of how the team is playing on the field, but it'll probably take some time.

That being said...we need more ladies at the parties fellas...in RU gear. I know the ladies aren't as invested when times are tough, however, walking back to my place and seeing multiple groups of Nitiot ladies dressed, well let's just say "appropriately," headed to Pourhouse for their game, was a tad depressing lol! Anyway thanks to all who showed up it WAS a great time for the most part!!! [cheers]

p.s. - gotta love the guys who claim they are "lurkers' on the boards lol nice to meet you all BUT out with it: what are your monikers?? Ha!

- crowd was good. Not great, good, but a lot going against us: didn't start marketing until 3 days prior, wasn't marketed through the Alumni Association (rest of season will be), and absolutely beautiful weather (I know at least 3 groups that went to their shore houses instead...)

- bartenders were FANTASTIC! Easily the best/most personable/quickest-moving group I can ever recall having for our parties! Did a GREAT job with the music/game back-and-forth as well. Thanks to AJ and Heather for GETTING IT DONE yesterday!

- not a single complaint that they don't have a kitchen and plenty of people brought their own/had delivered

- all specials delivered as promised (I strongly suggest the red sangria pitchers for $10...and let me know how you feel after 2 of them LOL!)

- waiting to hear back from GM as to the staff's thoughts (I'll check in with her later today)

- I was able to get RU stuff all over the bar, prior to most arriving, and think people loved it; will have the flag "situation" remedied ASAP that's on me!

- 1 fan "Alex" - IIRC - great guy and fan (I assume he posts here), was rewarded with a free draft and shot for showing a pic of himself at Game Day in Times Square! Hit me up buddy you could be a big help moving forward.

We're going to keep working to make these viewing parties "events," along with the help of the AA and others, in an effort to get the crowds back to what were like in the past, regardless of how the team is playing on the field, but it'll probably take some time.

That being said...we need more ladies at the parties fellas...in RU gear. I know the ladies aren't as invested when times are tough, however, walking back to my place and seeing multiple groups of Nitiot ladies dressed, well let's just say "appropriately," headed to Pourhouse for their game, was a tad depressing lol! Anyway thanks to all who showed up it WAS a great time for the most part!!! [cheers]

p.s. - gotta love the guys who claim they are "lurkers' on the boards lol nice to meet you all BUT out with it: what are your monikers?? Ha!

Sounds like it still went really well!
FYI - RUAA did an email blast the day before the game listing all the watch parties and the North Jersey one (yours) was at the top of the list. I know that doesnt count as fully pushing this specific one but atleast it got out there in print in some fashion.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Sounds like it still went really well!
FYI - RUAA did an email blast the day before the game listing all the watch parties and the North Jersey one (yours) was at the top of the list. I know that doesnt count as fully pushing this specific one but atleast it got out there in print in some fashion.

That's on us, it getting out that late but I wouldn't expect a single person to show up due to that e-mail on a Friday. Thaks for the 411 however!

First game watch party was a success!
Hoping to replicate even just half that for some home games like this one on Sat.

Tally Ho will still be hosting the game watch & specials on Saturday night in Hoboken. So if you're not going to the game .. head over there!

REQUEST;

Those of you who live in town - or don't - and are friends with bar owners, restaurants, or just plain old store owners, reach out to either myself or @ScarletKid2008 as we love your help in trying to get as many "Block R" flags up as possible throughout town.

I'd really like to know what happened to the flag that I gave to Black Bear, which was hanging in there for a while, but has since been replaced by a - [sick] - Villanova one.
The owner of Healy's in JC is interested in flying a flag. He would be glad to pay for it. Contact me at trek rules at bike rider dc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT